ACV makes me wanna hurl :(

Options
I know there are multiple health benefits to taking Apple Cider Vinager but I just can not drink the stuff, the flavor makes me gag...ive tried taking straight shots & mixing with water but either way it makes me feel ill...and I even like vinager! I dont know how to take it to where it wont make me sick but I want to reap the benefits of it and I paid 10 bucks for the bottle and dont want to waste it.
HELP! How do you take it to where it taste better?

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Personally, I use ACV to make salad dressing rather than as a dietary supplement. It's also a great addition to well cooked beans and rice...
  • asposner
    Options
    Tomato juice!! I know it sounds weird but I've actually come to LOVE the taste of ACV and tomato juice together.
  • Hedgewriter
    Options
    Do an internet search for Miracle Fruit. It is a berry that makes sour taste sweet. I believe they sell it in tablet form, like a rolaids.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I don't have any solutions for you other than maybe hide a tablespoon full in a smoothie or something...........

10.00 for a bottle of ACV is outrageous!!! I paid about 4.00 for mine!!!

Personally, I love the stuff!!!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Tomato juice!! I know it sounds weird but I've actually come to LOVE the taste of ACV and tomato juice together.

My mom's favorite drink for a long time was a Bloody Mary, though what she liked the best about them was the pickled green beans one of the local bars garnished them with. At home, she made a nonalcoholic version: V8, a dash of tabasco and a pickled green bean (we use ACV for green bean pickles).... so I'd imagine this would be similar in flavor... I'd forgotten that drink.
  • jlizgar
    jlizgar Posts: 104
    Options
    I don't have any solutions for you other than maybe hide a tablespoon full in a smoothie or something...........

10.00 for a bottle of ACV is outrageous!!! I paid about 4.00 for mine!!!

Personally, I love the stuff!!!

yeah, it was definately expensive, I got the largest sized Bragg brand at my local health food store which is really small and family owned so the prices tend to be higher but its all ive got in my town.
    Maybe ill try hiding it in something else, tomato juice is something that ive never been able to get down either but im up for giving it a try, or a smoothie.
  • cynditoney
    Options
    mix a few tablespoons with organic apple juice. it makes the juice a little tart but tastes good.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Mix it with equal parts olive oil and use it as a salad dressing ( can also add your favorite herbs and crushed garlic) or dip small amt. of bread in it.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    For next time, any grocery store carries ACV. It's next to the regular white vinegar.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    For next time, any grocery store carries ACV. It's next to the regular white vinegar.

All ACV is not created equal. I believe Bragg's is produced differently than the ordinary stuff found in the grocery store. Someone who is more familiar with the differences than I am can probably add to this.
  • french13
    french13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    yes, braggs organic acv with the mother (i get it at whole foods or trader joes) is what I take too and it DEFINITELY curbs my appetite. I drink it first thing when I wake up (2 tbls in a glass of water) and eat like 30 minutes after. May I direct you to this site? http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/ (scroll down close to the bottom and click on people's reviews) It's a safe site, don't worry I checked with my mcafee siteadvisor, but anyways....on the whole hurling part....it's a good thing I love vinegar, but I have heard people putting it in their orange juice or apple juice or even taking tablets. Alot of people can't handle the taste, but once you start getting into it you will notice a difference aside from the whole dietary benefits (which I believe the only reason it works is because it makes you not hungry for a while) Hope I helped.