carbs for pcos

Options
2»

Replies

• jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

You sound extremely unwilling to give up your carbs. I do about 90-100g carbs/day and find it quite easy as long as I am ating significant amounts of protein. I don't have PCOS (though my doctor suspected it at one point and it might still be a possibility)
    If you aren't willing to eat less that 200g of carbs a day then i would do what was suggested in the other posts. You could also consider uping your fats so you feel full and don't need the extra carbs.
    In the end its all up to you, if you want to make the change bad enough and lose weight then you will try something new and (possibly) sacrifice your high GI carbs and high general carb intake. if you like them too much you'll stay with what your eating currently. Consider how important this is to you in relevance to how much you are willing to change.
    I am not obsessed to carb its simply that I can't effort high protein diet due to financial problems(I have tried out high protein diet but it simply blows my budget).
    I can fit my budget easily with whole grain food but they are high in carbs.
    I was trying to figure out an alternative to loose weight for pcos people with high carbs and exercise
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I've not had to adopt a very low carb diet to lose weight or conceive, in my personal experience. I did lose weight easier when the emphasis was on vegetables and I removed sugary drinks from the diet, but portioning seems to work best for me. That way I have my cake and eat it too.
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I've not had to adopt a very low carb diet to lose weight or conceive, in my personal experience. I did lose weight easier when the emphasis was on vegetables and I removed sugary drinks from the diet, but portioning seems to work best for me. That way I have my cake and eat it too.
    Do you also suffer from pcos?