my diet plan

Options
hey what do you think of my diet plan?
morning; 2 small yogurt (cups for snack) + 250ml of natural fruit juice
lunch; 1 apple + 3 crackers + 250ml of milk
dinner; (picking up very few bites of whatever my mom serves me) + 1 salad + 250ml of tomato juice
this an example for a day.

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Sounds like not enough.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I feel you need to eat more, and it's okay to have junk food within your calories. This is very little, you can still have what your mum serves you just put that in your calories. What I do is I eat up to 500 cal in the day, then have dinner which takes up to 500/600 cals away from me. Then if I don't have enough for the night (because I like to snack), I work out, log that in and it gives me more cals to eat. You don't need to deprive yourself, you can still lose weight and enjoy what you are eating. Eat more :)
  • laurelboynton
    laurelboynton Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Too low.

^^ I agree with the above. Why eat so little? yes you will lose weight. However, you will also lose weight by eating more than that. Enjoy food. It is nourishment for your body!

Plus, it sounds like you be an age where you are still growing. Not a great idea to eat so little!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a troll. Trolls need to eat more to fuel their lifestyles
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    does your mum know that you're doing this?

you need to feed your body properly, your diet plan is totally inadequate.

if you're under 18 then you shouldn't be on this site, as you're still growing and the calorie recommendations are for adults, not children or adolescents. Even if you've stopped growing in height you probably haven't stopped growing entirely, because there's a lot more to growing up than getting tall. See your doctor.

Even if you're over 18, you still need to eat a lot more than what you've put in your diet plan. Think in terms of long term sustainable lifestyle changes, not short term torture and deprivation.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Scrap the word diet and scrap the idea you need to eat certain foods everyday unless you are a competitive bodybuilder going to do a show but if you are not and just looking to lose weight than just count cals and plan your day ahead and learn about foods you can eat that you will enjoy and fill you up for longer.

Protein:

Tuna or most any fish.
    Cottage cheese.
    Eggs (especially the whites).
    Chicken breast (boneless skinless).
    Turkey breast (boneless skinless).
    Lean beef.
    Low fat or no fat cheese.
    Low fat pork.
    Milk protein isolate.
    Whey protein.
    Soy protein.
    Essentially most any other source of protein so long as it is low in saturated fat and carbohydrates.

Good Carbohydrates:

Sweet potatoes.
    Oat meal, oat bran, oat bran cereal (i.e. cheerios).
    Bran cereal.
    Brown rice.
    Wheat bread (try to limit to 2 slices per day).
    Beans.
    Low fat popcorn (low fat butter spray makes this a delicacy).
    Fruits (limit to 2-3 servings per day).
    Malto dextrin (during workout).
    Dextrose (during workout)
    Vegetables.
    Stay away from refined grains and anything that says “enriched” or “high fructose corn syrup” on the label!

Healthy Fat:

Omega 3 capsules (i.e. fish oil capsules).
    Flax seed oil.
    Primrose oil.
    Borage oil.
    Olive oil.
    Nuts/peanut butter (as long as it does not contain hydrogenated oils).
    Egg yolks.
    Fish (salmon especially).
    All other fat should come as a by-product of your carbohydrate and protein intake.
  • IDK_ILH
    Options
    well im 21 . im using a psvita to type... im just a bit severe with myself.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Judging by this and the other thread started by the OP, my troll sense is tingling.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1141880-5-3-and-17-stone
  • IDK_ILH
    Options
    I'm serious. If I was trolling I would say much more funnier and crazier stuff that woud have no link with the forum.
  • plaingirly
    Options
    Scrap the word diet and scrap the idea you need to eat certain foods everyday unless you are a competitive bodybuilder going to do a show but if you are not and just looking to lose weight than just count cals and plan your day ahead and learn about foods you can eat that you will enjoy and fill you up for longer.

Protein:

Tuna or most any fish.
    Cottage cheese.
    Eggs (especially the whites).
    Chicken breast (boneless skinless).
    Turkey breast (boneless skinless).
    Lean beef.
    Low fat or no fat cheese.
    Low fat pork.
    Milk protein isolate.
    Whey protein.
    Soy protein.
    Essentially most any other source of protein so long as it is low in saturated fat and carbohydrates.

Good Carbohydrates:

Sweet potatoes.
    Oat meal, oat bran, oat bran cereal (i.e. cheerios).
    Bran cereal.
    Brown rice.
    Wheat bread (try to limit to 2 slices per day).
    Beans.
    Low fat popcorn (low fat butter spray makes this a delicacy).
    Fruits (limit to 2-3 servings per day).
    Malto dextrin (during workout).
    Dextrose (during workout)
    Vegetables.
    Stay away from refined grains and anything that says “enriched” or “high fructose corn syrup” on the label!

Healthy Fat:

Omega 3 capsules (i.e. fish oil capsules).
    Flax seed oil.
    Primrose oil.
    Borage oil.
    Olive oil.
    Nuts/peanut butter (as long as it does not contain hydrogenated oils).
    Egg yolks.
    Fish (salmon especially).
    All other fat should come as a by-product of your carbohydrate and protein intake.

Very helpful post! :)
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Judging by this and the other thread started by the OP, my troll sense is tingling.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1141880-5-3-and-17-stone

DAMN I fell for a troll by replying to that thread. Thought it was kind of weird.
  • IDK_ILH
    Options
    ok guys you really dont know what a troll is! I was serious and asking for advices and all you have in mind is a troll. You're not helping...
  • natalielismore
    Options
    Hey :)

I would recommend rethinking about your diet plan... although it might be harder at first because you're not used to eating very much. You should eat at least 1200 calories and more if your a teenager, because or else your metabolism will slow down, meaning you'll pile on weight which is mainly fat once you do eat (unless you're planning to eat that little for the rest of your life). Also, you will lose muscle mass from eating that little. I've been there... it sucked.... limited muscle and fat... whilst being underweight. Therefore, I was the jealousy of girls who were challenged in their mindset of a healthy body and guys, who didn't think I was attractive (obviously didn't say it to my face but you knoww).. lol

So... exercise is imperative... workout and burn, but eat at least 1200 calories... make it nutrient dense as well :)
    Salads good for you, eat that but remember you need healthy fats to burn fat! e.g. avocadoes, almonds, etc
    Protein is important too

If you want to lose weight I consider cutting down on carbs, but have them maybe once a day (sweet potato, beans, wholegrain bread, pasta, etc)

YOu need fuel but not too much carbs. Cut down on sugar.
    More tips: drink green tea
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    ok guys you really dont know what a troll is! I was serious and asking for advices and all you have in mind is a troll. You're not helping...

Right. Most 21 year olds know better than to try to exist on fruit, juice, and yogurt with a cracker.

Come on. Eat three meals a day at your age, get some vegetables, fruit, dairy, and meat in those meals. Have some cereal, or toast. Eat or get sick, those are your choices.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What's your goals? Why do you think that duet plan will help you achieve them?
  • laridaes
    Options
    Sounds like starvation, not living.

And perhaps a troll as well, eh?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    You'll be an inspiration to 3 year olds.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • IDK_ILH
    Options
    Sounds like starvation, not living.

And perhaps a troll as well, eh?

I've done that kind of diet many times in my life, but I've never done it for more than 2-3 weeks. I've just figured out that if I don't do any exercise I'll try to lose weight by not eating a lot. It'll not be a long term diet, maybe just for 3-6 months. It's only to try.