Let's hear from 1 year (or more) members

Options
2»

Replies

• islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I've noticed by adding newbies as friends that they start out flying, exercising too much, eating too little and burning out quick. I am ready for slow and steady. That's why I want to see a year ahead. Thanks for sharing your experience and welcome back, I am sure your are ready, balanced and productive.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    80% of being healthy is nutrition. A trainer once told me you can't out excersise a bad diet.

stealing this.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hi

I've been here for 2+yrs...lost 27 pounds.....
    Gained about 10+ back...recently lost about 5....
    My advice is to not get to cocky and comfortable....don't let one cheat day or bad eating day turn into a week, a mnth...the weight piles back on faster than u think
    weigh in weekly!
    I know some think of the scale as the devil but I thinking weighing in once a weeek can keep people accountable

Kim

KIMBER>>>>>>>>>>>>smooches!!
    I was comfortable......but no more! thanks
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I have been here 2 years in January08 , but did not begin my journey until June 08.

What have I learned?

Not everyone will agree with you, but they have something to say that may be worth listening to, so do so. Take what you need and leave the rest.

If you log your calories, exercise each day, eat better foods, get proper nutrition, you WILL lose weight. Not only that, but you will feel better............more energetic............YOUNGER! woot woot!

Your doctor will love you for the changes.:love:

Your pharmacist not so much :wink;

Your friends will either annoy you or encourage you either way it is YOUR journey and do not take it too seriously.
    When I friend of mine made a quip about the cupcake I was about to eat, I thanked her and cut it in half, placing the other half on her plate, and walked away! She never made another comment:tongue:

If you lose it little by little, it will more likely stay off because you are making real changes in your thought process on food intake.

Did I over eat yesterday?? Yes!! The difference was I KNEW it and today my oatmeal and banana taste so very good because I know it is healthier for my body.

Make some friends...........they will keep you in good spirits and celebrate your accomplishments........and if you have 1 really good one they will know you upside the head when your being very very bad:laugh:

Good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • islandnutshel
    Options
    Thanks AreWeThere-Yet.
    I enjoyed the cupcake story. People can be awkward when they seeing you lose weight. It is hard to understand their intention, some are just reaching. Today I got: "You've lost so much weight, I can see it in your face, I'm not saying you were realy fat before.........digging deeper and deeper. I love her skinny *kitten* though, she has maybe lost and gained the same 5 pounds in her life and has not concept of what it's like to have fat Genes/JEANS.
    Thanks for sharing
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I just got really zen calm reading this thread. Thank you, posters, for your insight and willingness to share. I'm only a week into my 73rd attempt to lose weight, and I weigh in tomorrow. I even FEEL thinner, but I'm only expecting a pound or two because I'm trying to do it slow and steady. I've had my party with food. I'm cool with that. Muchas.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I just got really zen calm reading this thread. Thank you, posters, for your insight and willingness to share. I'm only a week into my *LAST* attempt to lose weight, and I weigh in tomorrow. I even FEEL thinner, but I'm only expecting a pound or two because I'm trying to do it slow and steady. I've had my party with food. I'm cool with that. Muchas.

see edit....giggle
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I joined the site in Feb of 08, but continued making excuses etc until Jan of 09. In just over a year I lost 104lbs. For the last 6 months or so I have shifted into maintaining as things were just getting a little too crazy in my life to focus on this too. I learned in that break that I did not fall back into the bad habits that got me to 300lbs. I didn't always make the right choices and to be completely honest I gained back 5 lbs, but I am ok with that, I am still in the same size clothes and now that I am back on track it is falling off pretty quickly again.

I learned that you have to honest with what you are eating and how much.
    I have learned that I probably can't use the big boned excuse as I am starting to see some pretty little bones under what remains of this fat :laugh:
    I have learned that clothes can be expensive, but having clothes that fit properly is such a motivator plus giving the old ones away makes me feel so good.
    I have learned that a non-functioning thyroid and autoimmune disorder are not reasons to give up, but reasons to try harder.

Most of all I have learned that I am worth it. :flowerforyou: Good Luck, if I can do it, anyone can :flowerforyou:
  • islandnutshel
    Options
    I love your story Sarandipity. Thanks. 5pounds back is nothing, and you went back to mfp when you needed it. Your lifestyle changes stuck with you, and I want that for myself. Thanks for sharing, I need these stories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!