Weird...

Options
I am currently trying to eat less, and better but just getting started. Anyways, one thing I've realized over the past few weeks is my stomach is getting larger, and "bloated" but every time I weigh myself it's the same!? How is that possible?

Replies

• nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    In the beginning your body may not be used to all the high fiber foods causing a gas build up? Veggies and fiber can do that. Just keep going and drink lots of water. It will eventually even out.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    It takes time
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Probably due to your dietary changes. Are you eating a lot of sugar substitutes? A pro-biotic might help.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, it may be just more body awareness. For the first several months I would be constantly discovering all kinds of new things on my body, from soft tissue, bloating, and then on to bones that were suddenly visible, etc. I suspect it is more that you are more acutely aware of things right now as you enter into this new body discovery, plus as stated above, increased fiber and protein do interesting things while your body adjusts to that, and then your body does more interesting things as it begins to purge from the more unhealthy things. If you are eating healthy and drinking plenty of fluids and getting plenty of exercise, don't sweat the small stuff.