PSA: Please Slow Down

Options
Sunsh1ne
Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
Tomorrow, a dear friend of mine and her family are burying her younger brother. Last week, he was riding in the back seat of a car with two of his friends. They weren’t drunk. They were all wearing seatbelts. They were just going a little too fast and didn’t slow down to take a curve. The car spun out of control, and the rear end hit a tree. My friend was pronounced dead at the hospital. The two other boys were extremely lucky and sustained only minor injuries.

Please, please, please, remember to obey the speed limit, and please share this with the younger drivers in your life. Okie was one of those few special people who was sincerely liked by everyone who knew him. I’ve never met anyone with a bad word to say about him because he was universally friendly and kind. He was unwaveringly loyal to his friends and sisters, and I will always remember him for having the sweetest smile I’ve ever seen. He was one year out of high school and we all wanted to see what he would do with his incredible artistic talent, but his life has been tragically cut short - not by malice, but by a mistake that is so common among his peers.

Replies

• megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss... its a tragic waste! =-{
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Oh my heart goes out to you and his family. I will for SURE pass this on to all the young people I know who drive. (and even the not so young)

Bless you..
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    sorry for your loss. it is always hard to lose a loved one, but when they are really young it hurts deeper. God Bless:flowerforyou:
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for the loss, and thank you for the PSA. This is SO important, and I just wish people took this more seriously. I was in a car accident in fourth grade that led to several broken bones and lots of stitches---buckled into the backseat of a car.

Again, my condolences. I wish you all the best in getting through this difficult time.
  • Blossom01
    Blossom01 Posts: 658
    Options
    I am so so so sorry for your lost. Okie seems to be a very well loved young man who is going to be dearly missed by all that knew him. I offer you and his family my condolences.:flowerforyou: