going over carbs?

125again
125again Posts: 28
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been with MFP for almost two weeks. I stay within my daily calorie goal but tend to go over on my carbs. I've lost 1 pound. Can you still lose the weight if your going over carbs but staying within your calories?

Replies

• cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    I also have been going over on carbs. I have been on MFP for about 6 weeks and have lost 10 LBS so far. I was concerned that my carbs were over almost every day but it hasnt seem to make a difference. I just try to watch it since I know its something that I go over on. Hope that helps!
  • yes you can still lose weight by staying within your calorie goal. you might do better with carbs- just make sure they are good ones.
  • 125again
    125again Posts: 28
    Cool. Thanks guys. I'm not trying to go over on my carbs, just started mfp and still learning what food to eat. This site is great. Thanks!
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    What is a "good" carb?
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Sammy, a good carb is one that comes from a whole food, a fruit, vegetable or grain. And those of us who count carbs also limit fruits, usually. I eliminate grains as well, as I have a sensitivity. Oh, beans would be a good carb. A bad carb comes from simple sugars, anything processed or refined.

I get my carbs from huge salads, vegetables at dinner and a serving of fruit to calm my sweet tooth.

HTH

Ange
  • I allow myself carbs in the AM to keep me going through the day. I find if you limit "bad" carbs after that the weight still comes off.
This discussion has been closed.