2»

Replies

• shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Start logging food
  • sonyabracho
    Options
    Yes, I would still see the doctor. Your TSH can be in the normal range but there could still be an issue. Mine was normal one month and then TERRIBLE the next. I had all of the symptoms before my TSH actually reflected it and actually gained 50 lbs in 6 months.
    Do you take vitamins?
    I just learned that you should not take vitamins within 4 hours of your thyroid medicine as it can impair absorption of the meds. I was taking my vitamin and synthroid together.
    I also tend to be"sensitive" to carbs." I can eat the same amount of calories -- but lose less weight when I go higher on my carbs. I still eat a little fruit and don't worry about the carbs in dairy too much. I tend to be a little more sensitive to the grains.... I don't completely avoid it and don't think it is "bad", I just know I don't do as well when I eat it. I'm not saying this is your issue. Its just a thought I had.
  • u may be intolerant to something u are eating which is causing u to gain weight - only thing i can think of.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
  • bluefish49
    bluefish49 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    For me, watching sugars is a major key. Bananas have 14g of sugar. Once I stopped eating bananas and worked to keep my sugars below 45, there was a visible slope increase on the weight loss graph.
  • skooissixty
    skooissixty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    check out your portion control and make sure you are taking in enough water. measure everything and good luck!
  • skooissixty
    skooissixty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    great advise regarding sugars and bananas, I usually have one/day and now will only have 1/2 when I don't have any other fruits to eat.
  • doctorandrew
    Options
    It is because you are on a ... CALORIE SURPLUS ...

It's simple to underestimate certain foods.
  • SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This story really reinforces my thoughts that any of us can be succeptible to gaining the weight back if we're not extremely diligent. It's never over, its a lifelong battle. Ive yo-yo'd from 155 at age 18 (starved wrestler) to 240 at 24 then back to 188 at 26 and back to 230 at 38 and many in between.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    it's physically impossible to not have gained inches if you're pant size is creeping up.

You're eating to much food.

stop eating so much.