Give us this day our daily bread but...

Options
Ok so Hubby prefers white, I prefer whole grain so we agreed to compromise and go with Mrs Bairds Whole Grain White. Its 70 calories for one slice. I decided today that I wasnt going to compromise and bought my very own not to be shared bread ( haha) I love the bread I can actually see grains :) I bought Natures Pride 12 Grain. But one slice is 110 calories. Now how is it fair that my healthier bread is 40 calories per slice more? POUTING!:grumble:

Replies

• Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    I buy natures own honey wheat bread. It's only 35 calories per regular slice and mmmmmmmm good.
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    I buy Nature's Own sugar free bread and tastes great. It has 50 calories.
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    We buy Nickle's Light Whole Grain (Kinda looks exactly like white bread with speckles in it, hopefully it is a healthier choice though) but it is 35 cals per slice. :-)
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    Thanks my friends! I guess I should have consulted with you before shopping today! But hey I found laughing cow and if I just change a few things a week I'll get there eventually :)
    I even picked up things for healthy recipes that I cant even pronounce! Was pretty glad I found on my own since I certainly didnt want to have to ask someone where it was only to find out I said it wrong!
  • Vanessa1977
    Options
    I love your smoke free tracker and want to say good for you !!!
  • Vanessa1977
    Options
    Looks like I will be switching breads, mine has 110 cal per slice, I could save 100 calories per PB&J sandwich .... woohoo
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Something about whole grains is higher calorie or something. I noticed that brown rice is 30 more calories per cup than white rice. Personally, I like white bread, pasta, and rice and absolutely hate wheat/whole grain. Still have lost 59 pounds, so I don't think it really matters. Then again... You did say that you like whole grain better. :) So, maybe it's worth the extra calories to you. You should try the nature's own and what not. Maybe you'll like it.

Good luck to you, and congrats on quitting smoking!
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    I love your smoke free tracker and want to say good for you !!!

Thank you!!