Over my protein goal, should I worry??

CombatVet_Armywife
CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I have only been a member for a week now and have been under my calorie goal each day so far. I have kept everything in the green, except for two days I saw negatives for my protein. Not by large numbers, but I'm not sure how bad getting too much protein is, or if it's something I should worry about enough to change it in the future. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Replies

• sziemba1
    sziemba1 Posts: 34
    What is your protein goal number?
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    I have to watch my protein because of kidney stones, but the average person does not. As long as you are drinking enough and do not go over regularly, your kidneys should be able to process it fine. If you are doing weight lifting, you might even increase your protein intake.
  • From what i've read...it's caused by serious conditions...i suggest you talk to a doctor ASAP!
  • brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    I go over on my protein quite often and was told not too worry, the protein I was getting wasn't going to harm me at all.
  • brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    Sorry I meant to add that my daily goal for protein is 55 an today I hit 60.
  • sgssmile
    sgssmile Posts: 62
    My goal priein is only 45 I am under calores but almost always over on protein, guess I never thought too much about it...mmm.
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Thanks for the responses everyone, I appreciate the feedback!

My daily protein goal is 65, so far the most I've gone over is by 12. It's only been 2 days that I've gone over, but I wondered if this is something I should worry about or change going forward. Sounds like I should be alright, I do drink LOTS of water every day and have been very faithful in every aspect since starting this journey.

Thanks again everyone!!! :smile:
  • LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    protien is great if you are working out.. it helps to build muscle. f the calorie intake is right I wouldnt worry unless it gets excessive.

Its hard to have it every way.. although its good to be aware of it!!
This discussion has been closed.