Refeed WEEK to maintain weight loss

Options
Hey i used to be at this certain weight somewhat over a year ago and i dont remember being too active but i remember eating what ever i wanted including fast food, sometimes even everyday for lunch. Ironicly , after i stopped eating fastfood but began eating more poccessed at-home foods, i gained weight and now i want to get back to that weight and go back to my habits from that time where i could eat without thinking about my body and not gain more than a couple pounds every now and then, but obviously im not going to eat fastfoods every day. So i read that when you lose wight, say you get person A who lost down to 140lbs, if you get person B who is 140lbs that never lost any weight to begin with, then they would have a faster metabolism and burn more calories than perosn A, apperantly due to decreased leptin in a caloric defecit or something. Though im doing weekly refeeds being about 100cals over maintenence, if i get to my target weight and have a full week of refeeds that are a bit over my maintenance, what effects will it have?

Replies

• GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    ^ aint no science here :bigsmile:
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I really don't want to be one of "those people* but you're seriously still going on about leptin? I'm sorry but weight loss isn't that difficult. Eating over maintenance = weight gain. Eating under maintenance = weight loss. Eating AT maintenance = no change.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    wut-pl-ffffff-4
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    ............... if i get to my target weight and have a full week of refeeds that are a bit over my maintenance, what effects will it have?

Give it a go and come back and tell everyone.

You really are over-complicating something very simple. I know what you are getting at (never been fat person having a higher TDEE than an ex fat person) but fail to see the point of worrying about it unless you can time travel to change your past.

Don't sweat the small stuff, eat well at a small deficit and train hard.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I really don't want to be one of "those people* but you're seriously still going on about leptin? I'm sorry but weight loss isn't that difficult. Eating over maintenance = weight gain. Eating under maintenance = weight loss. Eating AT maintenance = no change.

^^^^ so this.