Frustrated at myself

Options
I have successfully lost 16-18kg twice after having my children. I have not been watching what I have been eating and was quite disgusted with myself when I saw my weight has gone from @71 to @78 in the last 4 months. I feel awful and completely disgusted with myself.

So here I am starting again. The goal is 70kg I have no set date as yet but I am lacking in motivation and feeling very flat as while I knew I had put on a few kg I had no idea it was 7.

Starting fresh today I hope I have the willpower.

Replies

• la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! Every day is a new day!!! :-) A year from now you will be happy that you started today.
  • benny_87
    benny_87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck Penelopec73, starting over and over again is difficult and sometimes it feels almost pointless. I have often found myself lacking motivation but have recently changed my way of thinking. I have completely and entirely disconnected the reliance I once had on 'motivation'. I read an article some time ago about what makes successful people successful, and none of them (the ones listed in the article) rely on motivation. They get up in the morning and work out because they love taking the time to do something special for themselves. Its the same concept as brushing your teeth- we don't need 'motivation' to do this, yet we do it every morning/night. It works for me, and I have been waking up at 5.45 every morning and am seeing results I havent seen EVER.

Don't be so hard on yourself, your body has done amazing things! Remember to love yourself and acknowledge even small achievements!
    One lady I look to for encouragement and amazing recipes is Teresa Cutter www.thehealthychef.com.au

anyway- good luck! x
  • denniscurru
    denniscurru Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Best of luck, My wife and I have rejoined after almost 1 year. She was doing weight watchers and I was doing MFpal
    Were doing very good I had lost 18.2 kg then she had surgery (6th. one) and we stopped keeping track then I had surgery and have gained 11.4 kg back since May. My profile has 30+ different meals you are welcome to take a look
  • Dreaminggg
    Options
    once the motivation leaves because it will, will power needs to kick in. and then from there i agree routines will be made and you'll do it because you do just like brushing your teeth. i also wrote down my motivation at the start so i look at it whenever i feel less motivated.