NSV: I am stronger than I look!

Options
tigerblue
tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
While grocery shopping today I picked up a large box of cat litter (34 lbs.). It was heavy, but not too heavy to lift. I lifted it up and over the side of the cart and set it down inside. Later, at the checkout, I again lifted it up and over the cart to put it on the conveyer belt. Here is the conversation with the checker that followed:

Checker: Wow! How did you get that up there. I cant move it. You will have to put it back in there yourself.

Me: I just lifted it up. I guess I am stronger than I look (I am size a 4--5 foot 2 1/2 inches and 122 lbs).

Checker: Yes Maam you are! Do you need me to get help for you to get it to the car?

Me: No thanks, I can manage on my own (as I lift it back into the cart). I guess lifting weights has paid off!

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    for SURE! I have this same conversation every 2 weeks when I buy a 50lb bag of chicken feed. They freak when I go pull it off the shelf myself, and can't understand why I don't need help getting it out to the car.
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Love both of your stories!
    and can't wait to have some of my own.

Perfect NSV's!
  • narwhalpr
    narwhalpr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes, very inspiring stories! Awesome job! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!