To Cut Or To Bulk

Options
I'll keep this short and quick. I've been on a healthier track with my life for over a year now, got a bit more serious about it recently when I joined MFP after getting my first gym membership.

Prior to this I lifted/cardio at home and that got me slow and terrible results, the first pictures set was 5 months of that.

First picture set - DFhVyNg.jpg

The second picture was taken tonight. My current stats are 171.25 pounds, 6'0 ft, age 19.

Second picture set - LP5ySEN.jpg

Looking towards the weightlifting community on this one but really just want to know if it's time to stop cutting and start bulking, I showed these pictures to a friends and he says I'm looking skinny as hell.

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Bulk. You don't have much muscle mass at all, so if you keep cutting, you're just going to be ridiculously skinny without much definition. You've gotten most of the fat off, so that's good. Just bulk/cut slow and steady. 6 weeks bulk, 6 weeks cut, repeat ad nauseum until you get the results you want. The reason I recommend short cycles is so you have more control over fat gain.