Trouble Getting Back On Track

Options
I'm am having the HARDEST time getting back on track! I started my weight loss journey on August of this year, and have lost 20lb so far. I was all motivated and full of energy from August-mid October, then I ended up taking a couple days off of my calorie counting and eating healthy... I ended up maintaining for a full month (but I didn't gain weight, thankfully) and haven't been 100% since then. My workouts would usually consist of army pt (push ups, sit ups, running 1-2miles), and I would get on the elliptical for 20-30min. Now I only exercise when it's with my ROTC unit, or the random days when I feel like running.

What I'm working towards is joining the National Guard, but my being unmotivated has set me back. I should of been going to MEPS late December, but now it's looking like late January since I still have 14lb and 4-5in left to lose (I have to be 132lb and by 30% BF by army measuring standards). I'm not even sure why I've been so unmotivated.

I'm really looking for some motivation and workout ideas to get me back on track. My diary is open (but I promise it isn't accurate because I have bad habit of eating things at night and not logging -_-) and I eat about 1500 calories a day. Any suggestions, critiques, and kicks in the butt would be appreciated. :D

Replies

• missy0936
    missy0936 Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I could give you a million suggestions and pointers. But I myself have fallen off the wagon. I'm a nutritionist. I am trained in this and yet I can't seem to get my **** together.

It is, in fact, all in your head. You said you've lost 20 lbs and kept it off, you OBVIOUSLY know what your doing, you just need to do it. Make the decision and just go. Get back to what you were doing before, Let yourself off the hook for the last month of not logging and start today, right now.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm 25, 5'1''. I started at 167lbs as well & joined in July 2013 & now weight 133. I do suggest tracking your calories as accurately as you can. I do not weigh my food but I use good judgement. Are you working out? I do HIIT, tabata, Jillian Micheael's Yoga, etc daily for usually no longer than 30mins. I try not to use the same routine more than once a week. I eat anywhere from 1250-1550+ calories a day depending on how much I work out. I look back at my old pictures & my "fat girl" clothes & don't want to be there again. I now have more energy & more motivation than every before! You can do this! Most importantly, track your calories & be honest with yourself. Good luck!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I have found it easier to make small changes that I could build on. This doesn't have to be all or nothing endeavor. Get back on track cutting back on a portion or two or doing a little extra exercise. Perhaps, stand up right now and do 20 squats. I believe success feeds itself and the best way to get back on track is to make just one healthier change than you were doing before. Your post is exactly me when I get out of my routine. I worry that if I drop my eye from the ball, I will not be able to refocus. Great job on your weight loss and fitness! Go you!