Options
new to this and need friends for encouragement.

Replies

• F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You already added me as a friend, but hello! I looked over your profile and saw that you don't want to jump right in to counting calories. Sometimes baby steps are best. I'll try to help you out with some tips! :)

1.) A good place to start would be letting your family know that you want to be in better shape so you can snag their support right off the bat. It's easier to stick to goals and be happy with yourself if you have the support of loved ones. If you're lucky, they'll even be inspired to be healthier with you.

2.) If you buy a lot of snack foods when grocery shopping, just stop. At least for me, it's easier to not buy it than it is to avoid temptation in my home. I try to avoid the snack aisles altogether.

3.) Try to find new foods that are healthier to help you replace unhealthy foods you eat. For example, if you crave chocolate and peanut butter (I DO!) try mixing some peanut butter, brown sugar and cocoa powder into some oatmeal instead of grabbing a Reese's Cup.

4.) Increase how much water you drink. It will help you feel full. Sometimes people aren't "hungry" they're just thirsty. I eat when I'm bored sometimes. Drinking water sometimes makes the urge to bored-munch go away.