Keeping up with calories

Options
I find that I am not physically capable of eating the number of calories I burn off with exercise. I'm 5'5" and weigh 130 lbs. I don't really want to lose any more weight. I don't want to just fill in extra calories with crap food. Any good recipes or food ideas to get in the extra calories without sacrificing quality? (I am one of those people [everybody hates] who can't eat beyond the "I'm satisfied" level.)

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense foods. It doesn't have to be crap. Peanut butter, full fat dairy, eggs, nuts really pack a calorie punch.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    maybe open your diary so people can give more specific ideas?

but general ideas are to stop eating anything called low cal or low fat. eat full fat versions of things like yogurt, eat entire eggs instead of egg whites, add more olive oil to your meals, add a slice of cheese to your sandwich or half an avocado. add nuts and fish like trout or salmon to your salads, etc

it's honesty really not that hard to add extra non-crap calories to your day
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    Also make sure you're actually burning the amount you think you are. If you already use a HRM then great, but if you're just using MFPs calculations, you're probably burning less calories than what you think (and therefore won't need to eat as much back).
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Here are some ideas for adding healthy calories:

Chicken with the skin
    Steak
    Cheese
    Whole eggs (including deviled eggs, egg salad)
    Full fat dairy (including cottage cheese, yogurt)
    Fruit,
    Peanut butter or other nut butters
    Nuts
    Avocado
    Dried fruit (raisins, apricots, apples)
    Dark chocolate
    Salmon
    Add Chia seeds to salads or yogurt
    Olive oil
    Smoothies
    Granola/sports nutrition bars
    Whole grains or whole grain products (like brown rice, Quinoa, oatmeal)

But I've looked at your diary and you might want to consider crap food. It's healthy for you if it give you the calories you NEED and you are making your daily allowances of the micro nutrients

Bring on the ranch dressing!

When I was young and underweight, one of my doctors recommended Carnation Instant Breakfast in whole milk along side my regular meals. It's supposed to be a meal replacement. It's tasty and not very filling.
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Maybe try adding another snack to your day instead of little bits to every meal?