What do you love now that you've lost weight?

Options

Replies

• kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Big or small accomplishments, everyone here is AH-MAZING!! Congrats to all!

My absolute favorite thing is that I love my increased self confidence. As it was said early in this post, I am now much more outgoing than ever before and I feel like I'm that much more fun because of that alone. I'm not afraid to look friends or strangers in the eye any longer and smile and say hello. :heart:
  • carmentownes
    carmentownes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This is beautiful. I am starting my weight loss journey all over again because i gained 30 pounds of what i had lost. I like to read these to get motivated to know how i will feel once i hit my goal. I like what you said. It was beautiful.
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have high cheekbones and they're starting to show again! :) I can't wait to see them after I lose 54-60 more pounds!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Knowing that I have the drive and willpower to make a positive change and using that to make changes in other areas of my life :)
  • Sphyk1
    Sphyk1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love this post! I have only lost ten pounds so far, but my clothes are loose. I can do 50 minutes on a spin bike and not die, before I couldn't go up the stairs without puffing. I see you guys and am encouraged for more to come.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Oh also forgot to add I love the looki get when I tell people how much I weigh, apparently I look lighter than what I am lol
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I love that i can ride my bike fast and far. I used to get passed out on the bike paths, and i'd only do a few miles and get tired. Now, i can ride all day, and not get passed once.
  • cajun_qt
    Options
    my flat hard belly
    my weight room personal records
    my beautiful arms
    the hamstrings that my brand new glutes are sitting on
  • rle2512
    rle2512 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1. Pre-baby jeans (I dont like the style of any of them, but the fact that they fit yesss!)

2. My boyfriend can finally see I am serious about losing this weight (only took 20 lbs to do that)

3. Self control, I told myself i can cheat on my low carb on thanksgiving, but im not sure i'll be able to!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I have high cheekbones and they're starting to show again! :) I can't wait to see them after I lose 54-60 more pounds!

I love that my cheekbones are starting to look as if they're defined, 'cause they're really pretty average.

I love fitting into some really cute clothes that I bought 7+ yrs. ago - and they're a bit bigger on me now than they were then.

I love seeing more and more muscle definition as I move toward the lower 20's in %BF.

I love being able to do a lat pull down with weights > 25 lbs heavier than I am, which leads into ...

I love being able to do multiple pull-ups - and they're getting easier and easier 'cause I'm getting simultaneously lighter and stronger.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    92lbs ago I would have expected my answer today to be things like buying clothes in smaller sizes, going into stores and actually fitting into the clothes they sell, looking in the mirror and seeing a smaller person etc.

While all that is great, the best parts are the things I never expected:

- Sledding with my kids and racing them back up the hills (or even better, piggbacking them up when they're too tired)
    - on a recent trip to Italy, after 10 hours of sightseeing on foot being able to go for a 10km run before bed while everyone else in the group went back to their hotel rooms in exhaustion.
    - my kids following my example and also wanting to be phyiscally active (and run races with me)
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love that I can feel my bones now, especially my hips because there was so much fat in that area.

This! I can't feel them all yet...but there's definitely some areas that are much less fatty than before. And on that subject - I also love that I can feel my muscles now too :)

I also absolutely love that when I have a big meal, my stomach doesn't stick out far at all. It used to look huge, but now I look down and think "damn...it looks like I haven't eaten anything" lol

I'm only a little past halfway, but 50 lbs has already made huge changes to my body. I can't wait for more.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I love hearing everybody's Loves! :)

I love the new self esteem I have.
    I love wearing a size 12 instead of a size 20.
    I love that I can walk 12km no problem, when a year and a half ago I doubt I could even go 2 without complaining.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i love that my ribs, cheekbones collarbones and hipbones are there. not prominent (ew) but not buried. I love that my eyes look even bigger and that my skin and flesh are tighter.

I love that I don't get out of breath unless I want to be and that I can get out at work (I'm a teacher) and play sport with the kids.

I love that I'm not constantly fiddling with my clothing to minimise damage.

I love that this will be me from now on. I love that I know theres no more fat girl.
  • blessings123
    blessings123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have more energy for my family! Still trying to hit my goal before our mid-January vacation. It would be nice to actually be in some pics this time instead of hiding behind the camera because I'm too self-concious!
  • _NAUTILUS_
    _NAUTILUS_ Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I love seeing my winkie in the morning! We were always in the same area code but unable the see each other.
  • rebeccawwalters
    rebeccawwalters Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love how I look naked now!
  • blessings123
    blessings123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here's my first ever before/after pics that I still can't believe I took (talk about self-conscious!). This is from my highest weight 234 and now at 204. 30 pounds and counting!
    July2013 - started mfp/zumba/walking
    http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p800/blessings123/IMG_20130713_142633_203-1_zps088e783f.jpg

November 2013
    http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p800/blessings123/IMG_20131118_211304_250-1_zpsbddccbda.jpg
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Here's my first ever before/after pics that I still can't believe I took (talk about self-conscious!). This is from my highest weight 234 and now at 204. 30 pounds and counting!
    IMG_20130713_142633_203-1_zps088e783f.jpg

November 2013
    IMG_20131118_211304_250-1_zpsbddccbda.jpg

Great job so far!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p800/blessings123/IMG_20130713_142633_203-1_zps088e783f.jpg

November 2013
    http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p800/blessings123/IMG_20131118_211304_250-1_zpsbddccbda.jpg

Congrats on your success so far! Keep it up! 234lbs was my starting weight too :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!