Jillian Michael's Workouts & Additional Exercise???

Options
I'm currently doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (just finished the 1st week), and plan to do Ripped in 30 next. I know a lot of people on here have done it, my question is, did you do any additional exercise as well? The first couple days I was too sore to try adding any exercise but right now it just doesn't feel like I'm doing enough. Thoughts?

Replies

• jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I was too sore the first week or so to do anything else. The second round of 30DS I also did some Zumba but only a few times per week. However, I saw results without doing any additional exercises my first round of the DVD.
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing results already. I never thought I'd get to the point I'd want to exercise more than 20 minutes, but I do! :drinker:
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    You could increase the intensity.
  • colortheworld
    Options
    You could increase the intensity.

Was debated moving to the 2nd level but I've still got 3 days on the 1st.
  • ghouliejulie85
    ghouliejulie85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    When i started 30 Day Shred in October i was doing belly dancing dvd right after. I didn't stick to the belly dancing but did complete the 30DS. Now i'm on Level 3 of Ripped and have been thinking about getting back into belly dancing right after doing Jillian's workout.
  • colortheworld
    Options
    When i started 30 Day Shred in October i was doing belly dancing dvd right after. I didn't stick to the belly dancing but did complete the 30DS. Now i'm on Level 3 of Ripped and have been thinking about getting back into belly dancing right after doing Jillian's workout.

Belly dancing is fun! Great stomach workout.
  • ritornare
    ritornare Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 30DS and am onto RI30. Since I have the time to exercise more than 20 minutes, I've added some stationary bike training and now I've discovered Zumba Fitness. So usually is: Jillian + 1h of Zumba/bike at least 4 times a week.
  • blessybuva
    blessybuva Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    while I was doing the 30DS, I would cycle for about 15-25miles depending on how much time I had, and do the dvd as soon as I got home. that way I could just lie down after Jillian was finished kicking my butt lol
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I did RI30 first, and am doing 30DS now (Level 2; day 6). When I started RI30, I already played squash once a week (my regular sport), and found that if I had done RI30 in the morning, it reduced my performance at squash for the first couple of weeks, although as I got fitter, I was able to do JM workout in the morning, and play squash in the evening fine. In the 3rd week of RI30, I started running again (3 times a week), and I have continued doing JM workout daily, and running 3 times a week (2 x 40-45 min runs, and 1 long run 60 min+). I take a rest day when I need it.
  • Solbina
    Solbina Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Nike club training (the app) i do 30-45mins every 2 days along with 30DS i never felt that great!
  • hecham
    hecham Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 of 30 with 30DS. I've done the workouts before, but never for the whole 30 days. I do plan to do other exercises in addition to the DVD most days. Like yesterday, I did a quick 15 minute fitnessblender tobada workout right after the DVD. Today, I will probably take a walk this evening. I do feel like 30ds is a good workout, but a little extra can be good too.
  • Buhbee
    Buhbee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm actually on body revolution but also add killer abs or yoga inferno after each workout. If your new to Yoga I would recommend yoga meltdown, it's a great workout.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I got great results from Ripped in 30. As long as you do it 5 x a week and eat right you will too. Right now I'm doing it for the second time but also going to the gym 3 x a week, 2 x a week weights and one time a week hell cardio session. It's all pretty complimentary I think. Sometimes if I want to do cardio at thome I do banish fat boost metabolism or six week six pack just for variation.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I did just that every day for 30 days, but I heard a podcast with Jillian after and she said it wasn't meant to be done every day for 30 days, that you were supposed to do it 3 times per week with other cardio.
  • SilviCor
    SilviCor Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That means that week 1 was effective. Get to week two and it should get harder. I also find that Ripped in 30 is much harder than Shred and it has four weeks. I'm sure you'll start to feel it getting harder.
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have both 30 day Shred and Ripped in 30, and while doing them I didn't do any other exercise. However, just last week I started Jillian's Hard Body workout and afterwards would do Mari Winsor's Pilates for about 30 minutes afterwards. I really enjoy the difference in intensity of both workouts, back to back.
  • Winwin101
    Winwin101 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 3 day 6 of 30DS at the moment and When I have the time, I do 2 of Jillians workouts or add 10min pilates abs or 10min lower body boot camp workout. Combine your workouts as you build your fitness level and see what works for you.
  • colortheworld
    Options
    :smile:
    I'm actually on body revolution but also add killer abs or yoga inferno after each workout. If your new to Yoga I would recommend yoga meltdown, it's a great workout.
    I love yoga, usually do a few stretches after 30DS but nothing too intense. I'll check it out.
  • colortheworld
    Options
    I'm on level 3 day 6 of 30DS at the moment and When I have the time, I do 2 of Jillians workouts or add 10min pilates abs or 10min lower body boot camp workout. Combine your workouts as you build your fitness level and see what works for you.

I was thinking about doing 2 of the workouts a day, one in the am and one in the pm if I have time.
  • colortheworld
    Options
    I did just that every day for 30 days, but I heard a podcast with Jillian after and she said it wasn't meant to be done every day for 30 days, that you were supposed to do it 3 times per week with other cardio.

Lol who knew? Probably shouldn't be called 30 Day Shred then. :laugh: