At home Cardio exercises that will help lose weight

Options

Replies

• kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I do Jillian Micheals - Ripped in 30. It's done the trick for me thus far.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Be Fit and Fitness Blender on You Tube. Be Fit has some Jillian Michael's workouts. All for free.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Focus T25 :) It's only 25 mins + 3 mins cooldown. I'm not a BB coach lol but I love the program! It's like a mini Insanity. Actually i get almost the same burn as I was getting with Insanity. Also, it's not too repetitive.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,191 Member
    Options
    I like Home Workout Revolution http://www.homeworkoutrevolution.com/
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    If I'm addressing the OP's thread title, it can be any physical activity that raises heart to 65% or more of max heart rate for 30 minutes or more.
    There is no one "best" exercise. The best one will be the one you'll continue to do for life. For some, it may be just walking.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sstan03
    sstan03 Posts: 102
    Options
    in for reading later....like the examples given so far.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Be Fit and Fitness Blender on You Tube. Be Fit has some Jillian Michael's workouts. All for free.

Yes ^^^^Youtube has several workouts from everywhere

Befit.com

Fitnessblender.com has videos on Youtube but if you go to their site you can go through their library much easier with the little check list.

Good luck Sweetie :flowerforyou:
  • MstngSammy
    Options

This is NOT free!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,191 Member
    Options

This is NOT free!

She didn't ask for free, she asked for exercise suggestions. I have used this in the past, and am currently using it. Frankly it is of far more value than the money I spent on other DVD exercise programs.
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    DANCING!!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew any at home cardio exercises that I could do for 20/30mins? mostly exercises that will help lose weight on my lower and upper stomach, thighs, legs, buttocks and arms? Although I mostly have stomach and thigh/leg trouble with losing weight so stomach and thighs/legs would be most helpful in the meantime.

Thanks in advance :)

Sadly you can't spot reduce and I won't go into the details of that. There are about gazillion threads on here explaining the how's and why's of spot reducing. It would be to your benefit to read up on it.

As far as cardio at home - if you have access to the internet at home - YOUTUBE has tons of free workouts!!! My favorite channel currently is Jessica Smith TV. She's easy to follow and fun. There is also Fitness Blender, BeFit, BodyRock and many many others. Just use the search function on Youtube!
  • MstngSammy
    Options

This is NOT free!

She didn't ask for free, she asked for exercise suggestions. I have used this in the past, and am currently using it. Frankly it is of far more value than the money I spent on other DVD exercise programs.

Wasn't knocking it....just saying it wasn't free :) Anything that gets ya moving and ya like it...go for it :)
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser
  • bettyg26mr
    Options
    There's a new routine called Body Beast, it was recommended by a website called Exerciseaholics. Apparently its also from the same folks who came up with the Insanity routine. Ive been trying it, great cardio plus muscle tone.
  • prosperkat
    prosperkat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. Need some of these while in a hotel for the holidays!
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    TURBOFIRE! :)
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender
  • Sweetface421
    Sweetface421 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've started doing the 30 Day Challenge videos on bodyrock.tv.com. They have lots of spot-specific exercises.
    I also really like how I can use items at home for weight & resistance.
    I've read that not a lot of people like Lisa Marie (the host), but I like her. She's inspiring and encouraging.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Sure you can work on improving specific body parts but you can't spot "reduce." Daily activity and food moderation will give you results. :)

Try youtube.com/fitnessblender <======= They have FREE workouts ranging from 8-10 minute hiits to 45+ min routines.

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is also a nice one. Under 30 minutes long and it incorporates cardio, strength and abs so you're getting a full body workout. You can pick up a copy for less than $10 at a local Walmart.