cheat day while finding maintenance?

Options
13»

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I don't binge often because I normally include chocolates and chips in my diet (in proportion of course) due the the fact that I'm scared of gaining weight. Now that I know I can eat under maintenance for the week and go over maintenance calorie a little on weekends is great!

That doesn't sound like a binge. That sounds like eating.

Most people who keep their weight off do exactly what you do - eat what they wants and include it in their calorie intake.
  • D8vidFitness
    Options
    Don't think calories when you cheat,

cheat days can motivate you to keep proactive throughout the week until your next cheat.

Cheat day is like a reward, you wouldn't want to reward yourself less for all the hard work you've done.

However, that is all up to you,

best wishes
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'd go with averaging your calorie intake by the week rather than the day. Some days you just aren't as hungry as others, so why not save those extra calories you don't really want for a day you do want them?
  • Wingg_
    Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Don't think calories when you cheat,

cheat days can motivate you to keep proactive throughout the week until your next cheat.

Cheat day is like a reward, you wouldn't want to reward yourself less for all the hard work you've done.

However, that is all up to you,

best wishes

I shall not think of calories during the buffet then! I shall reward myself!
  • Wingg_
    Options
    I'd go with averaging your calorie intake by the week rather than the day. Some days you just aren't as hungry as others, so why not save those extra calories you don't really want for a day you do want them?

I will do this after I've figured out my maintenance calorie intake to maintain my weight now! Thanks for the advice!! (:
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I like to call it a treat day and I try to make it a treat meal. I don't starve myself on other days but I try to keep my calories lower so it averages out in the end. I am trying to eat to satisfaction these days. If I have a craving for something, a serving should do. I tell myself I don't need to eat it till I feel sick. I weigh myself daily so this is helping monitor things.I should say I exercise a lot as I'm running my first half marathon on Sunday.
  • Wingg_
    Options
    I like to call it a treat day and I try to make it a treat meal. I don't starve myself on other days but I try to keep my calories lower so it averages out in the end. I am trying to eat to satisfaction these days. If I have a craving for something, a serving should do. I tell myself I don't need to eat it till I feel sick. I weigh myself daily so this is helping monitor things.I should say I exercise a lot as I'm running my first half marathon on Sunday.

I can see that you;ve a great mindset there, good luck for your marathon!