My butt looks flat from behind

Options
I've been doing squats most of the time, my legs and thighs look amazing compared to before and my booty looked rounder and cute from the side BUT when I look it from the back it still looks flat :grumble:

I'm trying to lose my last 8.5lbs to hopefully lose my belly fat as of the moment.

Replies

• MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Options
    so you want a rounder butt? Do you squeeze your buttocks on the way back up from a squat?
    I think lunges, squat jumps, deadlifts should be added to get a much rounder butt!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Lose fat (lift, calorie deficit, get rid of the belly)
    Step 2: Build muscle. (lift, calorie surplus, build a butt)

Can't do both at the same time.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Squat deeper
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    so you want a rounder butt? Do you squeeze your buttocks on the way back up from a squat?
    I think lunges, squat jumps, deadlifts should be added to get a much rounder butt!

Yup I do squeeze! I do focus T25 which incorporates lots of squats, lunges and squat jumps and Shaun T describes each move thoroughly :) I'll try deadlifts though :D thanks :flowerforyou:
  • lauraspberry
    Options

WOW. THAT MAKES SENSE!! Thank you! I'll be patient :flowerforyou:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Um.

You mean looking at it from straight behind?

Mine is far from flat and from that angle.. it definitely doesn't look round. Round at that angle is hard to see- because it's coming toward you- it's never going to look amazing to you from that angle. I'm not sure how this is even a legitimate question- it's deeply rooted in planes and perception.
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Um.

You mean looking at it from straight behind?

Mine is far from flat and from that angle.. it definitely doesn't look round. Round at that angle is hard to see- because it's coming toward you- it's never going to look amazing to you from that angle. I'm not sure how this is even a legitimate question- it's deeply rooted in planes and perception.

Nope not literally straight from behind LOL kinda on an angle it looks squished. But on the sides it looks a bit perky but still small.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Nope not literally straight from behind LOL kinda on an angle it looks squished. But on the sides it looks a bit perky but still small.

just keep squatting and dead lifting- it's not going to get massively bigger but it'll continue to firm/fill out. I wouldn't worry about it that much.
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Yeah I guess so :D and I gotta work on losing the belly first so I can appreciate the butt progress more I guess thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    When you say you're squatting and doing T25, is that the only squatting you're doing? If so, and it's without weights, I'd start doing heavier resistance training or looking into a progressive bodyweight program so you're moving on to harder stuff that just air squats and lunges.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options

Pretty much this. To illicit any appreciable and noticeable muscular hypertrophy of the glutes, you need to lift heavy and eat at a calorie surplus.

In for amazing glute transformation following bulking.

2lnidj6.png
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Step 1 - Get time machine
    Step 2 - Pick different parents, and see if the 'you' they produce has the right genetics for the shape of butt you want.
    Step 3 - repeat steps 1 & 2 until you find the right combination of parents.

Ok, I'm being a little facetious, you can change things a bit by building muscle and losing fat, but muscle shapes and insertion points are decided by genetics, so you can only work with what you already have. You should still work hard, but just remember it will be to create the most awesome version of you, so don't worry so much about comparing to others.
  • HelloDan
    Options
    Pretty much this. To illicit any appreciable and noticeable muscular hypertrophy of the glutes, you need to lift heavy and eat at a calorie surplus.

In for amazing glute transformation following bulking.

2lnidj6.png

You can see the changes in those pics, but the most noticeable effect is that in the second picture, she has much more of a lordotic curve, compared to the first picture.
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Guess I gotta walk like I have lordosis! LOLJK :laugh: I was kinda hoping for answers that would tell me I can do something about it but deep inside I do agree with you that it's purely genetics and I have to work with what I have :grumble: But I'll still try to make dem glutes hypertrophy hehe
  • HelloDan
    Options
    Guess I gotta walk like I have lordosis! LOLJK :laugh: I was kinda hoping for answers that would tell me I can do something about it but deep inside I do agree with you that it's purely genetics and I have to work with what I have :grumble: But I'll still try to make dem glutes hypertrophy hehe

That's the attitude to have. It's like being tall or short, you can't change it, but you can still work hard and make yourself look awesome, whichever one you are.
  • geekyjock76
    Options
    Where you begin is definitely genetics. But do a calorie surplus for several months while focusing on barbell squats, deadlifts, barbell hip thrusts and sumo squats and you'll likely observe a distinct difference.
    You can see the changes in those pics, but the most noticeable effect is that in the second picture, she has much more of a lordotic curve, compared to the first picture.
    You're right about the tilting of the pelvis and the different angle. Unfortunately, few glute progress photos show women with neutral postures and angles in identical clothing that isn't thongs or underwear.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    It's not purely genetics, but it does take a tremendous amount of time and hard work. If you are a normal person with a normal schedule, it will probably take YEARS, not months or weeks, to get the butt you want. Sure, you will notice and enjoy the incremental changes in your physique, but developing a specific muscle group requires a ton of patience and dedication. I've been working on my glutes and hamstrings for nearly 2.5 years, and I definitely love where I am right now, but I'm not even close to being done.
  • geekyjock76
    Options
    You're right, ItsCasey. It certainly takes time and dedication along with the right diet and training. I know a lot of women who started as a rectangular or banana shape but became more hourglass after bulking.
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    You're right, ItsCasey. It certainly takes time and dedication along with the right diet and training. I know a lot of women who started as a rectangular or banana shape but became more hourglass after bulking.

You're sparking a tiny bit of hope in me lol :laugh: I'm a banana shape but yeah i do see my figure changing and becoming more hourglass but not with bulking, with weightloss. i wonder if I'd be a real hourglass if I do bulking after i lose the excess fats... hmmm
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    >>My butt looks flat from behind <<

Was that a pun on purpose (butt) (behind)