Any Whovians here?

Options
What did you think of the 50th anniversary show?

Replies

• myou523
    myou523 Posts: 126
    Options
    It was amazing!! I will admit... I cried a little bit! :)
  • Llamedos1960
    Options
    Brilliant! Loved it!

Looking forward to the new Dr in the new year! I think he'll be great - really good choice!
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to watching when I am back home tomorrow. I personally would have preferred Billie Piper or Idris Elba but I think the guys they picked is a pretty good choice too.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Awesome! And I cried a bit at the end too.
    - bless. xxx

I've actually enjoyed Matt Smith's run as the Doctor. Can't wait to see what Capaldi makes of the role.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    really enjoyed it! Got a bit misty eyed when they were all around the button - but then I think Matt Smith is phenomonal as the doctor - I will miss him. However, seeing a glimpse of Capaldi was superb! Loved that little touch. Oh and dont get me started on the curator scene or the end line up - NERDGASMS all round!!!
  • ElizaKat001
    ElizaKat001 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I definitely teared up! It was awesome, though! I loved the Peter Capaldi and Tom Baker cameos.
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I really did love it. Though I was disappointed that David Tennant and Billie Piper didn't have any interaction. I know most people don't agree but they were my favorite together! I was also a bit sad that David Tennant didn't have more of a roll. He is by far my favorite Doctor.

Though I am really excited about the new choice! Now I can't wait until the Christmas episode.
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed it. I don't want to see Matt Smith leave. :(
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I loved it! I will admit, when I heard Billie Piper and David Tennant were in it, [SPOILERS IN REST OF POST] I was secretly hoping for the parallel universe versions of them, although the story line worked much better the way they did it.

I am SUPER excited about Capaldi searching for Galifrey - I'm assuming that's what his doctor will be doing, and of course figuring out how they get past 13.

How much longer do you think they keep Clara? I really like her, but her dynamic with Smith was so great - I don't know how it will be with Capaldi.
  • vicksg1973
    Options
    I love that our quaint little TV show is so beloved in the US! I loved the 50th anniversary episode although I'd have loved Christopher Eccleston to make an appearance. I think I'm the only one who loved him and didn't particularly like Tennant. Looking forward to Peter Capaldi.

The bit where Tennant and Smith compared sonic screwdrivers was priceless.
  • shananigans_007
    Options
    I loved it! Thought Matt Smith & David Tennant were great together. Lots of laughs and a few tears!
  • mabbzie
    mabbzie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I loved it! I wish that, like vicksq1973 said, Christopher Eccleston would've made an appearance. I didn't like him more than David Tennant by any means, but he was still a great doctor! Also, I would've loved it if Jack Harkness made an appearance :P But I knew that would've been too good to be true...

Also, I wish Tennant had more Tennantisms. Like the goofy things he did when he was doctor--he was far too serious! Ah, oh well.

Despite everything, the show was fantastic!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Our 13 yo son got us watching Dr Who a couple of months ago, and we are now fully addicted to the show. The special was amazing! Took me completely by surprise. The writers are truly geniuses.

We have been frantically watching all the 'key' episodes the past month so that we would understand what was going on at the end. Now we can go back and finish watching the rest of them. David Tennant is my fave as well, and we had to skip over much of his season, so I am looking forward to finishing those.

It really is a great show, and family friendly without language and sex. Not many shows on TV that we can watch as a family, and this one really sucks you in.

Thank you UK for bringing us The Doctor!!
  • battybecks
    battybecks Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed it hugely. Any fans of the Classic Doctors should watch The Five(ish) Doctors too. Peter Davison wrote a spoof based around himself, Colin Baker, and Sylvester McCoy trying to get cameo roles in the anniversary special. Hilarious!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03lv3mj/The_Five(ish)_Doctors_Reboot/
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I really did love it. Though I was disappointed that David Tennant and Billie Piper didn't have any interaction. I know most people don't agree but they were my favorite together! I was also a bit sad that David Tennant didn't have more of a roll. He is by far my favorite Doctor.

Though I am really excited about the new choice! Now I can't wait until the Christmas episode.

Do you even tumblr?

But seriously, Rose/the Doctor OTP. That being said, I haven't seen any Matt Smith Dr. Who yet so I will remove myself from what is probably already a very spoilery thread.
  • DebbieLyn63
    Options
    I loved it! Thought Matt Smith & David Tennant were great together. Lots of laughs and a few tears!

Oh yes, seeing them together was so fun! I did wish Eccleston would have made an appearance. And where were Amy and River Song??? I didn't see them, but I did miss a little bit of it, so maybe they showed up when I wasn't looking? I plan on watching it again today. It was THAT good!
  • DebbieLyn63
    Options

Do you even tumblr?

But seriously, Rose/the Doctor OTP. That being said, I haven't seen any Matt Smith Dr. Who yet so I will remove myself from what is probably already a very spoilery thread.

Yeah, probably a good idea. The Matt Smith episodes are CRAZY good!
  • DebbieLyn63
    Options
    I enjoyed it hugely. Any fans of the Classic Doctors should watch The Five(ish) Doctors too. Peter Davison wrote a spoof based around himself, Colin Baker, and Sylvester McCoy trying to get cameo roles in the anniversary special. Hilarious!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03lv3mj/The_Five(ish)_Doctors_Reboot/

NOOOOOOOOO! We can't watch it in the US! That is so wrong. Maybe I can find it on another site.

ETA Woo Hoo! Found another link for it. It is hilarious.
    http://www.themarysue.com/doctor-who-5ish-doctors-reboot/
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hope to watch it soon!
  • VickyBoo10
    VickyBoo10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loved it! The ending was brilliant! I don't want to talk about anything specific just in case I spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet. I cannot wait for Peter Capaldi to take over, though I will miss Matt Smith so much :(