Ive done all the diets, tried everything, and yo/yo'd myself

Options
:flowerforyou: When I was in highschool and shortly thereafter I was skinny. I have always been "larger chested". Everyone in school used to tease me that I looked like Dolly Parton, and I did. I was very active! I met my husband while I was in high school. We got engaged, and married over a year later. I made a mistake of going on the depo-provera injection for birth control. It made me gain weight like CRAZY! And it took my doctor and I over a year to figure out that was what was causing my weight gain. :cry: So I tried to do Atkins, south beach, grapefruit, weight watchers, etc. etc. Every diet you can think of, I did it. Every pill you can think of taking, I did. Including the kind that have to be prescribed by a physician. I tried working out and going to a nutritionist. I have tried it all! Well, I ended up going to nursing school, and had my first child in Dec 2009. I lost all my pregnancy weight within one week of her being born. And I have been at my pre-pregnancy weight since then, with no luck of any of my pre-preggo pants fitting me. My hips are huge :grumble: So I have decided that I need to do something, and have a lifestyle change. I am now fortunate to be a stay at home mom which I love doing while I am taking online classes. So needless to say any activity I was getting before I am not now. I have joined a gym finally since we just moved. I guess I am on here to try and get support and hopefully this will help me stay focused and keep myself honest. I am going to do my best to start eating healthy, and exercising as often as I can. It was so depressing to me when I realized I am a person who can say I need to lose about 60+ pounds to be considered a "healthy" weight. And I could even lose more than that too. I am a very emotional eater. And that right there makes me want to just go hide under the covers. I hate what I have become and how I look. I want to stop it all now! And I want to get healthier for my daughter. I would be more than happy losing a minimum of 40 pounds. If I can make it all the way to 60 then YAY :drinker: But my goal is to try and lose at least 40. And I would like to do it before next summer. I figured that is plenty of time. So, for all of those people out there like me, WE CAN DO IT! And I think it is great that we can have people to relate to and rely on. I know I will need it! :smile: Good luck everyone!

Replies

• mram81
    mram81 Posts: 15
    Options
    Been on Depo for 12 years....yep...you gain weight like crazy. Since it is progesterone based, it just tells your body you are pregnant the entire time. You can lose weight while on it. I have. I takes a lot more dedication, but 12 yrs later...no kids!
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Depo is evil. Totally understand :flowerforyou:
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You have made the great choice of joining us here....this is a fabulous site and the folks on it are even better. Just know that YOU CAN DO IT. It will take time, patience and perserverence but it can be done.

Good luck and if you want, feel free to friend me. I am addicted to this site and am here daily.
  • nursegirljay
    Options
    Thanks guys! So far I am excited about everything... and I am enjoying this site. Especially since I can find just about everything I eat on here. Do they have it where you can add your own food though if it is not on the list? Does anyone know?! I have this as an app on my phone as well, so that helps me out a lot. I have a question, does anyone on here do zumba at home? My gym does not offer it (they have something called bodyjam that is similar). I have seen the infomercial about the zumbafitness.com videos, but I just wanted to do some more research on it before spending like 70 bucks. Not cheap for videos!