Parents of 5 - 7 year old girls

Replies

• arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Buy her a baseball glove and break down the barriers.
  • Honestly this won't help, but my daughter wanted:

* Legos
    * A toolbox set
    * Books
    * My Little Ponies
    * quote "a batman to ride on my ponies"
    and an indoor rebounder/small trampoline
  • Buy her a baseball glove and break down the barriers.
    Love this, my daughter would rock a glove! She loves all kinds of things that people stereotype as "boy things" :)
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Books are a given. She has flutterbye (it's a peice of *kitten* waste of money btw). She's "too old" for doc mcstuffins (I asked her)..and I AM her sandwich maker.. :P

I will pick up rainbow loom, thanks!

+1 for the rainbow loom

My daughter's been asking for this for months.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Another American Girl doll, Furby Boom, more Rainbow Loom stuff, art supplies, clothes, boots, new ski jacket & pants, iTunes card, Amazon card.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Zoomer the robot dog topped the list at our house this year.

I was thinking of either that or the FurReal monkey. I got her the FurReal Kitty for her birthday and they're inseparable. I'm always checking online for sales on both, I'll probably just pick whichever goes on sale first.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    she does have a bike?
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Buy her a baseball glove and break down the barriers.

My daughter already has a glove, bat, ball, AND toolbox. She's pretty awesome.
  • iamanadult
    she does have a bike?

Yes, she just got one for Easter.

I was thinking one of those new "Y" scooters, but she wouldn't be able to ride it until the spring.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    My daughter is 7. Zoomie dog, and a goofy chair from Target. And yesterday, she decided she needs a pink gun (she is a little redneck, just like daddy). So I will prolly pick her up one of those little cricket 22's for kids to learn on. But I have to come up with some other stuff.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    My 6 y/o got an iPod touch last year for Christmas, this year I'm getting her one of those netbook type laptops. She'll use it for school anyway. Also, My Little Pony stuff.
  • legendaryfrank
    legendaryfrank Posts: 11 Member
    what the hell... strong aristocrat childhood. when I was 6 I got a bicycle, which I fell off of and cried
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    my six year old is in a barbie phase, she can never get enough Barbie dolls. We bought her a Dreamhouse for her birthday so going to get some more Barbie sets. Last Christmas we got a special Christmas Barbie and she loved it, (still does).
    Other than that still haven't got her a musical box with swan lake ballerina, trying to find a really georgous one not the cheap imitations. And a really nice party dress for her to wear for NYE with us.
    On the Swarovski website you can find Tinkerbell jewellery, thats pretty special.
    For her birthday just been we bought her the duvet with the princess dress and the tiara pillow, she loves that

http://www.coxandcox.co.uk/princess-print-duvet-set
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Also $100 is plenty to spend at this age.

according to what, exactly?
    Alrighty then, what's a good amount, and why?
  • iamanadult

There is no set amount per child. It depends on your family income, how many children you have, what their accustom to etc.

I grew up in a low income house and sometimes got nothing for Christmas so I'm not big on spending a lot, but her father on the other hand was spoiled. We meet somewhere in the middle.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member

Why do you care? Spend what you want/can on your kid and let others spend what they want/can on theirs.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member

There is no set amount per child. It depends on your family income, how many children you have, what their accustom to etc.

I grew up in a low income house and sometimes got nothing for Christmas so I'm not big on spending a lot, but her father on the other hand was spoiled. We meet somewhere in the middle.
    "What their accustom" to? They're 5 and 7? What you're doing right now is what they'll be accustomed to.

I also grew up in a low income house. And when I went to university I lived by myself off of $600/month.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    What are your girls asking for for Christmas? My daughter gave me her list, I got everything on it and I hardly spent $100.00. I need some good ideas.

She already owns all the "big" ones like ferbie, leapster, etc. Help!

If you got everything she wanted, why does it matter that you didn't spend more than $100. Thank your lucky stars and have a Merry Christmas. You will not always get off so cheaply.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    I am still trying to work it out lol. My girls are 4 and 7. They are asking for my little ponies dolls. There's a couple ones they don't have that we are getting. Santa is getting the eldest a new 3ds. The one we have now is about 7 years old and will go to the 4 year old. Though I am thinking Santa might tell the girls they need to share the new one lol. The 4 year old needs a lunch box , bag, and new clothes for kindy. So we are getting her some. Also will look at books and dvd's.
  • a rubber band making bracelet kit