Healthy Substitutes for ranch dressing?

Options

Replies

• s_ireland1970
    s_ireland1970 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That sounds fantastic!! Thanks for the idea!
  • s_ireland1970
    s_ireland1970 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea too! Never thought of mixing the two. I will definitely try that! Thanks.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Less quantity?
  • kpwilliams73089
    kpwilliams73089 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For a light snack, I will eat baby carrots and dip them in the Hidden Valley Ranch powder. You get all the flavor w/o the fat.
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Get the Bolthouse farms yogurt ranch dressing. That stuff is delicious and only 45 calories for 2 tablespoons. I am a ranch fiend and I love that dressing!
  • tiffdunaway
    tiffdunaway Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love Ranch dressing. There is no healthy substitution in my opinion, so I just have a small amount. My favorite brand is O'Charley's 1 Tablespoon=55 calories.
  • deanronaldhayes
    Options
    Here you go....

0% fat plain Greek Yogurt
    Add dill spice
    Add olive oil (or camelina oil is a nice healthy choice too)
    Add a squeeze of lemon (zing)
    Add garlic and onion powder
    Add chives and parsley (from your own herb garden?)
    Add pepper (freshly ground of course)
    Add diced sun dried tomatoes
    Add diced dehydrated red and green pepper (yes, take some time and bake some slowly at 200 with the oven door slightly ajar)

Let sit in fridge for .... hmmmm, at least 24 hours.

If you need to: add some dry buttermilk / salt / and/or Parmesan cheese .... but I wouldn't. Maybe add some skim milk if its toooo thick.

Don't ask me how much of each because I just made this up, looks good on the drawing board though :)
    If someone tries, please message me your amounts and thoughts. I think I will give it a go.

Side note: boycott Kellogs, that stuff is frankenfood.
  • Kiyalynn
    Kiyalynn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Skip the Ranch Dressing and use the calories you save to put Fresh BACON in the salad. Yum... bacon.

Seriously, I have a awesome salad recipe, with tons of vegetables eggs, bacon, cheese. I can eat TWO large bowls for 400 calories! I don't even use the 'bacon bit' things but literally cook fresh bacon to put in, put enough good stuff in the salad and you don't need the super high calorie nutritionally deficient flavors.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Another vote for buying a mix and using Greek yogurt instead of the sour cream.
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    chobani plain greek yogurt mixed with hidden valley ranch powder
  • deanronaldhayes
    Options
    Hidden Valley Ranch sounds good unless you read the ingredients and care about sodium or MSG.
    Easy always comes with a price.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    I love ranch but it's obviously not in my diet plan. What are some healthy alternatives I can buy at the store (not make myself)?

P.S. I DON'T LIKE - balsamic, italian, blue cheese, thousand island, or honey mustard, or oil/vinegar.
    Doesn't sound like you like very many dressing and one you do like you have figured it's unhealthy.....it's not, just don't pig out or maybe eat less chicken wings.:wink:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Get the Bolthouse farms yogurt ranch dressing. That stuff is delicious and only 45 calories for 2 tablespoons. I am a ranch fiend and I love that dressing!

ranch.png

This^^^^^^^ Bolthouse Farms Freakin Rocks.
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Salsa, or salsa mixed with ranch, lighten it up a bit. I find if I measure out salad dressing which is usually 2tbls per serving and mix well it is enough, just mark it fit in my goals for the day.

Yes! Salsa mixed with ranch is a great veggie dip.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I didn't read if others said it already but next time you're out shopping at anywhere (I get mine at Walmart!) go to the salad section of the store and look for Bolt House Greek yogurt ranch: 45 calories for 2 tablespoons and is thick/creamy and tastes just like ranch! It is wonderful.
  • theguy12
    theguy12 Posts: 156
    Options
    Maybe I will like the yogurt and ranch season mix.

I like my salad drenched in dressing - hate, hate, hate when there is only a little dressing and it barely covers the lettuce.
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    walden farms tastes like chemicals D:
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Mix fat free plain yogurt with ranch seasoning. Or mix the seasoning into fat free sour cream. Mmmmm
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have made my own. And my husband loves it, who is pretty much anti-healthy. Anyway, I take a regular tub of 2% cottage cheese and a packet of ranch dressing. I put it in a blender with a little water depending on how thick or thin you want it. That's it!! It tastes really good.

Now that sounds good! I will be trying that

50540473.png
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Skip the Ranch Dressing and use the calories you save to put Fresh BACON in the salad. Yum... bacon.

Um...No....bacon ranch dressing...end of story