the locker room

Options

Replies

• YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I love being naked. If I see that most people have a towel on, though, I put one on so I don't make anyone uncomfortable. If other people are naked I just assume they don't mind :)
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    What I've noticed at my gym is that a lot of the women who undress (completely) in the common area are mostly on the larger side. Hey, that's fine with me. I'm not trying to look; BUT it's hard not to look at a naked person no matter gender or size.

I take my shirt off to weigh myself, b/c every last bit of sweat counts...but I don't take my pants/underwear off until I am in the shower stall.

Apparently also at my gym, the Men's locker room does not have any attached changing stall with the shower stalls. That would not fly in the Women's locker room.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm nekkid nekkid nekkid in there... Shave naked, weigh myself naked... NAKED!
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    lol! Dudes locker room equals tramatic experience if your a first time gym goer! Especially if your a young guy:)
  • Bluizflame
    Bluizflame Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm still very self conscience of my body. I change in the bathroom stalls.

Heck, i don't even like changing or being nekkid w/ all the lights on with my fiance! :-/
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I played rugby for years which means shared showers or baths at most clubs. I've never had a problem being naked in a room that is provided for people to get naked in. If anyone wants to perv at me while I'm doing it, fill your boots....

Unless you've got something to be ashamed of, I don't see it as a big deal.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I doubt he even works out.
    [/quote]

HA!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at how many women are so free with their nakedness in the locker room--women of all sizes and shapes. I tend to go into the bathroom to change or hide in a corner. It is inspiring in a way, but I am so far from every being that comfortable.

I think it is a confidence thing. Last week I stood in the main area of the family changing room at my gym and talked to a male staff member as I changed into the top of my swimsuit. I didn't think a thing of it since all the important bits stayed covered. I've also wrapped a towel around my waist and changed bottoms in front of men.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a lot of prudes on here!

Word of advice - don't ever go on a Spanish beach if nudity offends or worries you. It's so common it quickly becomes very ordinary.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    I played rugby for years which means shared showers or baths at most clubs. I've never had a problem being naked in a room that is provided for people to get naked in. If anyone wants to perv at me while I'm doing it, fill your boots....

^ This. Years of playing football (or soccer, whatever tickles your fancy) have made it natural to get naked in front of people (women at least). I go in mixed saunas on the regular. As long as I don't meet my boss there I don't currrr.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options

Word of advice - don't ever go on a Spanish beach if nudity offends or worries you. It's so common it quickly becomes very ordinary.

Topless women in thongs everywhereeeeee.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Might be a cultural thing (I'm German born) but I seriously don't give a toss. In my gym (uk) the older women tend to walk around naked and the younger ones don't. We even got cubicles that you can change in! A thing that you would never find in a German gym! And I don't quite get the point, everyone there is sweaty, most aren't happy with their body, get over it and shower
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    Why would anyone be uncomfortable? You dont have anything they cant see in a mirror and vice versa.
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    Nothing but boobs in the women's locker room. Not a day goes by where I don't see someone else's knockers. Meh. I always undress in front of my girlfriends. It doesn't bother me. Never had the need to do it at the gym though. I just go home and shower.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Nothing but boobs in the women's locker room. Not a day goes by where I don't see someone else's knockers. Meh. I always undress in front of my girlfriends. It doesn't bother me. Never had the need to do it at the gym though. I just go home and shower.

Haha I am actually cool with all of the bare boobs as well.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    We have a family changing room at my old gym, too, and I always wondered how that worked. I never went in, because of the kids, not the men, lol.

But I noticed in France that they have co-ed bathrooms some places. I mean where there are tons of stalls and everyone just goes in, and a line of sinks to wash up. I was completely cool with that, but there were tourists standing outside talking about how they weren't going to go in :( Poor things.

I wouldn't expect to see nudity in there, but you kind of never know in Europe, lol!
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    I get changed out in the open.

I could never understand the need to cover up or go into a cubicle when you are changing after a shower or workout. It amazes me to be honest.

Regardless of what size you are we have the same anatomy and if you think someone is looking at you when you're getting undressed trust me. They aren't. I find those who are a bit more prudish the ones who tend to give the stink eye.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    lol! Dudes locker room equals tramatic experience if your a first time gym goer! Especially if your a young guy:)

When we first started going to the gym my son told me "there are entirely too many old naked men in there. As in one or more." LOL!

I've noticed the more in shape the person is the less likely they are the one to be naked. The older and less in shape ones just show it all. Also some cultures seem to be more open. Doesn't bother me though - more power to you to have that confidence. And the locker room is made for changing - so I don't see why people get all up in arms about naked people in there. That's where the naked people are supposed to be. Now if you're naked out on the treadmill I might be more concerned.
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options

Or a Korean mega spa! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jjimjilbang

They're becoming a thing in the U.S. now. The one in my area bans absolutely all clothing in the (gender segregated) hot tub/pool areas.
  • jlblovely
    jlblovely Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This thread is hilarious. I could care less who sees me naked...We're streaking...going up to the quad through the gymnasium! (Frank the tank..Old School!) But most gals my age were not required to shower in gym as the previous generation were so they are probably more modest because of that....I got over my modesty quick I played sports constantly through Jr High and H.S. and then came Marine Corps bootcamp..Naked people everywhere trying to get in a water stream to get clean in 10 minutes. And everyone was losing the soap! Then child birth....I don't see the big deal.