30 Day Shred

Dellie22
Dellie22 Posts: 167
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I've just bought Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. What do people think of it, and has it worked for fat loss?

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    I just got it to. I'm going to do it after I finish Turbo Fire.
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    What's Turbo Fire
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    It's a Chalene Johnson workout (Turbo Jam lady). It's also a Beach Body product like Insanity and Power 90. There are several Beach Body coaches on here that can explain it better but it incorporates HIIT training like Insanity just not at that level. When I looked into Insanity and told them I was about 30 lbs overweight and hadn;t exercised in a year the BB coach I used said I should probably start out with this instead of Insanity. It's a great workout.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    I have 30 Day Shred. I really tried hard to do it. If you haven't been active for a while, there are moves on there that made me cringe. I thought it would be very motivating, but I ended up feeling worse than I did before I started it. I felt more fat, more out of shape, more ugly.
    Maybe it just wasn't for my fitness level. When I am in better shape I will try again.
    Good luck! I really hope you are able to do it better than I did.
  • krissybohaczyk
    krissybohaczyk Posts: 48 Member
    Hi there! I'm having great success with the 30 day shred. My fitness level was well.....at a 0. I was hardly working out, maybe just taking my dog for a walk here and there. Walking is great for your health don't get me wrong but I've found to me to really make my weight move I needed to work harder. That's where Jillian Michaels and the 30 day shred came in. I've had the dvd for months now and at first I did it 1-2 times a week. The past 2 weeks I've been doing it 5 days a week (it's only a twenty min. workout) and wow, do I see a difference already. I've lost 4 lbs, and already see some slight definition in my body. The more I do it, the more I like because I can feel my body getting stronger. Like she says on the dvd, if you want results you have to push and fight for it.
  • Hey guys, I actually work for Beachbody and am sitting in their corporate offices in Santa Monica right now!

I LOVE Turbo Fire. It's definitely a kick butt routine. I've met Chalean and she is awesome, all her programs are great. If Turbo Fire seems like too much you can definitely try regular Turbo Jam as as beginning (but still good work out) start and then move up.

I personally like Hip Hop Abs by Sean T. I was just talking to my girlfriend about it and he has me dripping sweat but it is actually fun! He is the same trainer in Insanity, but this is COMPLETELY different.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    I've done 2 rounds (i.e 60 days) of 30 day shred and definitely think it works. I love that its 20ish mins and so it's hard to find an excuse not to do it. The key is sticking with it...you will see a big improvement in your strength as you progress from one level to the next but visually you will see the biggest results towards the end of the 30 days. That's how it was for me anyway. Oh! and take before and after measurements and pics if possible, sometimes its hard to remember how you looked when you started.
  • I love it! I am starting Session 2 tomorrow. I have been doing it for 10 days, and I feel so much stronger every day.
This discussion has been closed.