Plateau

I have been in a plateau for the past 7 years or so. I have about 50 lbs more to lose. I have been through two weight-loss surgeries, work out often and now am on a gluten-free diet for the past 5 weeks. I am hoping by changing my life to a healthier lifestyle it will break this plateau. I am somewhat discouraged but am not going to give up. I wish you all the best in your journey's. :)

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    You can do it, Julieanne! I know you can. You are really consistent in your logging the good and the bad and that is really the key. One thing about GF foods: watch out for added sugar. I gained back 20 I had lost after my celiac diagnosis because I didn't pay attention to the added sugar and sodium that gets put into breads for taste.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    How many calories are you eating? How are you measuring your foods (do you use a food scale)? What are your height, weight age and workout routine? Also, are you gluten free because of a medical condition or choice?
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Most of these threads are people crying about 3 or 4 weeks. 7years, That is a plateau. I would suggest seeking out a dietician and a good doctor at this point. After 2 operations you should be under the care of a good dietician. Best of luck to you.
  • I have been within 1 pound of my goal weight and keep going up and down. I started my weight loss journey six years ago. I have lost 74 pounds but those last few pounds have been the hardest. I think I have relaxed and have indulged some. I am so much healthier and happier. When I started I was dealing with high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, arthritis, back and leg pain and was borderline on my sugar. I couldn't stand to be on my feet but a few minutes and that was painful. Everything I tried to do was torture. I had one back surgery and was supposed to have my back fused. That's when I woke up and made my mind up I had to do something. My doctor recommended water aerobics and I gave it a try. It was a lifesaver for me. I could move so much easier in the water. There was no impact on my joints and the weightl:blushing: essness helped so much. I am so thankful I tried it. I still go and now I do spin cycling, too. I also walk 3 to 4 miles up and down the hills around my house. My husband is doing the walking with me now and has lost 60 pounds this year. I hope I can make it though the holidays without a weight gain and get these last couple pounds off. By the way I just turned 64. If I can do it anybody can.