New to the site and looking at being a new person!

Options
Hello! I am new to the site. My name is Carrie. I am 21. I have had a rough couple of years...i used to be 130 but then I went through a few hardships like getting out of an abusive relationship to losing my dad to cancer and my 19yr ols dog. All of those things have caused me to gain weight.

About a year ago I was 200lbs and I just got married deciding to lose weight. I did really well losing 30lbs im 2 months. In that year I have stayed a solid 160 until the loss of my dog where I am now 170 again. I am afraid of going back to where I was and not fitting into my clothes and I dont want to go back there. My orginal goal was 130 which I gave up on but I want to go full force.

Losing loved ones has hurt me and changed me and i want to change that and become a new person. I am hoping to lose 40lb and be skinny again...get a new look too! Hoping this site can do that.

Anyway...looking for some friends to add who will be encouraging!

Replies

• ShapenerFiterrati
    ShapenerFiterrati Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Anytime!!! Add me!! :) Would love to work through this with you.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses. It can be hard to deal with the hole that's left, but you can do it. Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses. I know how it effected and affected me. I lost my Mom to cancer 4 years ago then turned around and lost my beautiful daughter (25 years old) to ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) - leaving a void in my life. Other than to live to the fullest and take care of myself. She would have wanted me to do that - she always worried about me. After my little girl passed away I gained back up to 190. I'm at goal now but am very willing to support you through your journey to finding your new self. You may add me if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Yay for you recognizing what's wrong before allowing it to get out of control! You have just saved yourself from having to lose that same 30 pounds again. So sorry for your losses, you have been through a difficult period. :flowerforyou: I would be happy to have friend request, but I am 30 something years older so I will leave it to your discretion. Welcome to MFP!
  • debs1389
    debs1389 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good going. Add me too
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    130 is totally attainable if you set your mind to it. You can add me too!
  • D8vidFitness
    Options
    Promise to stay healthy! Life takes you by surprises.
    Best thing you can do is keep their memories in your heart and use them to help fight your everyday battles.

You'll do great! Best wishes
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You are so smart to reach out for support when you saw yourself slipping. I hope you find lots of support and friends here. It's nice to meet you.
    ~LeAnna
  • meb0407
    meb0407 Posts: 492
    Options
    I'm so sorry for the losses you have endured these past few years... I understand pain and stress. I want to encourage you on your journey, so please, feel free to add me. I'm praying for you!
  • marybeethin
    marybeethin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can really relate to your story. I lost 50 lbs about five years ago and kept it off for three years - I felt GREAT. Since then I dealt with a couple medical issues, lost my Dad to cancer as well, and had another family tragedy shortly after that really did me in - I consoled myself with food from 140 up to about 195. Last year I decided to try to get my health back together and am down to 169. It is HARD, esp when you are an emotional eater (which I am) and have a lot going on. The last month and a half I have been hitting the workouts super hard and not going over my calorie limit at all but my weight is barely budging. It is frustrating but I am trying very hard to keep my head up, and go on stronger and stronger - we WILL reach our goals if we stick with it. I have to assume right now that the muscle I have built in the last couple weeks through these harder workouts is replacing the fat I am burning, and since that is more dense, that is why I am not seeing the change on the scale. This 170 hump is a tough one to get over but it is totally do-able. Numbers can play mind games but we have to stay focused and positive because hard work does not go unrewarded in its own time. Feel free to add me if you'd like and best of luck!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Anyone and everyone may feel free to add me!
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Sounds pretty similar to me, but replace dad with mom and throw in that no one told me my childhood dog died. With that being said, it takes time but we all move on because life is for the living. Add me if you want. Best of luck to you!