What motivates you to keep going?

Options
I was doing well for days last month, then I weighed myself and didn't see any change. I wasn't happy with the result so I had lost interest in continuing what I was doing. Now, I want to start all over again but I kind of lack motivations. In your journey to losing weight, what keeps you going and not giving up to what you have started?

Replies

• Ian_Stuart
    Ian_Stuart Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    At some point I think I made the switch from being concerned about my weight to being concerned about my fitness in general. I stopped running so much and added lifting and focused on fitness related goals instead of the number on the scale. Now my weight goes up and down depending on how I'm training and what I'm eating for fuel, but I don't care so much. I'm getting stronger and faster and more flexible and that is all that I'm concerned about. I found that, once I stopped worrying about that number and concerned myself with my squat total and my 5k time, the weight started falling off.
  • lollyish
    lollyish Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I agree. I can't remember when my mindset changed, but I had to start focusing on my progression in the gym. Eventually I got to a point where weight was just not shifting. I realized it was because I was gaining muscle and losing fat.
    So my biggest advice is to stop worrying about the number on the scale. Or better yet, start measuring yourself with a measuring tape instead. I saw bigger results that way. :)
  • Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I sometimes feel like throwing in the towel, but I log in and see the great things my friends are doing and I want to be a part of that too! So I give it another day. I keep telling myself "just for today" and "you can do anything for one day!" and that seems to help me.

I also have been able to work up from only being able to walk for 10 minutes to being able to walk for 30 minutes! I feel like that was a huge accomplishment! I have back issues and am in pain alot of the time so to be able to walk that long is HUGE for me!

I really like/need the positive peer pressure I get from my friends! It helps to know and see that I'm no alone is this!

I hope you find your motivaton to keep going! :)
    Nix :flowerforyou:
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    There have been selfish things like reduced pain and wanted to look good to have more dating opportunities. Today a family member who was just a few moths younger than me died of a heart attack. It was the same day I had let myself make the comment "oh, just for today I'll take it easy." I'd gone to subway early in the day and said yes to popcorn at the movies. Less than a handful, but it's a slippery slope. I don't want to leave me son without his mother. No child should have to say goodbye to a parent young, especially because of weight. I want to hold my grandchildren. That's keeping me going.
  • shrenikupadhyay
    Options
    my work time is 8 am but i have to leave at 6:30 am cause of traffic. so i have to wake up 5:30 to make my meal and get ready and got to work. i come home around 7:30 pm. so literally i have no time in a day to work out. it just sucks. i only have 1 day off which i like to spend with family and get some extra sleep.

since last wednesday i have started my new health routine. according to which, i wake up at 4:15 am. go for speed walk and run for 7 to 8 km. (about 1 and a half hour). eat lots of healthy things. eat 500 to 800 below my required calorie to create deficit. most my food intake is whole grain bread, different variety of beans, and lots and lots of fruits and veggies with my every meal. i am liking it so far. i just hate that early morning waking up. tomorrow is my first week finish and i am down 6 lbs today. my target is to loose 25 pounds till 31st december.

my motivation is that once i reach my target, i will keep eating healthy but reduce workout to 3 days a week. and i am sure i will remember these days how it was a struggle to shred every pound.

god help u all and make every one healthy and happy. i like this website because everyone here are in same boat (one or the other way), and everybody is ready to help each other.

thank you every one....
  • JameicaDenise
    JameicaDenise Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I want to live! this keeps me going.. you have to remember to take this Journey one day at a time. each morning a battle each night a victory. I've been doing this non-stop for 3 months, I feel so much better now. don't give up, when you give up just remember you have to start over again. I know its hard when the scale doesn't move, but as long as youre doing everything youre suppose to be doing then it will, just give it time and change up your workouts. just don't give up.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Myself. I was unhappy for so long with myself and put others before myself. I changed that and am the happiest I have been in a while. Quit neglecting myself and made a lot of changes.