Crunch gym-Anyone a member?

Options
I'm considering becoming a member at Crunch gym. Is anyone here a member or have been a member at a crunch gym? Pros of the gym? Cons?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Everyone has different desires and goals, plus even with a franchise, different locations will be.....different. If the gym is close to your work or home and seems to have the equipment you're looking to use, stop stalling, sign up, and start working out, like, today.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Everyone has different desires and goals, plus even with a franchise, different locations will be.....different. If the gym is close to your work or home and seems to have the equipment you're looking to use, stop stalling, sign up, and start working out, like, today.

Thanks, DavPaul. I'll be honest, your answer wasn't what I was hoping for. But what you said was true. I signed up for Crunch gym today. Now I just need to find a training program.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Just checked out the web site. Looks a WHOLE lot like Planet Fitness, which I'm a member of. The "no judgment" theme keeps it accessible to people at all levels of fitness (or journey to it). I love my gym. Honestly, can't think of a con. If they're similar you signed up for a good thing.
  • DavPul
    Options
    Glad to help. After all, we're all here for the same things
  • cakebatter07
    Options
    Just checked out the web site. Looks a WHOLE lot like Planet Fitness, which I'm a member of. The "no judgment" theme keeps it accessible to people at all levels of fitness (or journey to it). I love my gym. Honestly, can't think of a con. If they're similar you signed up for a good thing.

Yeah I am definitely a fan of the "no judgment" theme as well. I'm excited to try it out tomorrow. Thanks for the insight. :smile:
  • DavPul
    Options
    No judgement is ironic. Those commercials are extremely judgemental. ... Of people that are in shape. It's like some sort of reverse shaming
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    No judgement is ironic. Those commercials are extremely judgemental. ... Of people that are in shape. It's like some sort of reverse shaming

No judgment. Unless you like lifting. Got told I wasn't allowed to do Hang Power Cleans or Overhead Presses at Planet Fitness. Nope.jpg
  • cakebatter07
    Options

You mean those commercials for Planet Fitness or Crunch? I've never seen a commercial for Crunch gym...
  • DavPul
    Options
    just the whole "no judgement" movement in general. i'm on the west coast so no Crunch out here for me to see commercials. but the basic inference is that people that are in shape look down on people that aren't. pretty much stereotypes fit people as *kitten* and backhandedly disincentives out of shape people from pushing hard because "hey, I don't want to turn into one of those fit *kitten*, imma stay a 'real' person"

nothing could be further from the truth. fit people aren't looking down on out shape people. most of the time they don't realize that they are there, and when they do, they wish them well.
  • cakebatter07
    Options
    just the whole "no judgement" movement in general. i'm on the west coast so no Crunch out here for me to see commercials. but the basic inference is that people that are in shape look down on people that aren't. pretty much stereotypes fit people as *kitten* and backhandedly disincentives out of shape people from pushing hard because "hey, I don't want to turn into one of those fit *kitten*, imma stay a 'real' person"

nothing could be further from the truth. fit people aren't looking down on out shape people. most of the time they don't realize that they are there, and when they do, they wish them well.

I guess I find the whole "no judgment" movement/theme comforting because I'm not very fit and I still have weight to lose. But yeah you're absolutely right. I think it's to comfort incesure people like myself.
    And a "no judgment"
  • cakebatter07
    Options

I guess I find the whole "no judgment" movement/theme comforting because I'm not very fit and I still have weight to lose. But yeah you're absolutely right. I think it's to comfort incesure people like myself.
    And a "no judgment"

To add on: Even though no judgment implies that fitter people do look down on those less fit than them, I still find it comforting, even if it is just bs.