Gotta start exercising!!

Options
I know, I know...if I wanna drop 10 pounds, I've gotta get on my elliptical at least every other night for 1/2 hour! And I have to stop all the baking of brownies, cakes & cookies! But it's soooooo fun & yummy to bake for the kiddies! But that's my excuse, I bake for the kids, and I end up eating 1/2 of the junk food! It's time to get serious & get started on eating better & walking off those extra calories!! Wish me luck...and good luck to you!!! XOXO

Replies

• BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! What's so great about this site is that it will show you how much those brownies and cookies tack on. You can still eat them but not as much and of course adding some exercise. You can do it and good luck to you!
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I just started last Friday, and I'm addicted to this site!! :) I have lots of little ones at home, too - and I LOVE to bake yummy treats for my family!! Unfortunately, like you, I have such a hard time staying out of them!! Recently I noticed that one of my sons and my stepdaughter were getting a little "chunky." They're both 11, approaching puberty, and at that age that I myself started to get chunky. I have a lot more to lose than you - 74 lbs is my goal... but I'd be happy with 64. So this has got to be a lifestyle change for me. I decided to give my family a lifestyle change, too. I don't want them to grow up with the same weight problem I grew up with. So no more baking brownies, or pies, or cupcakes for me!! I've kept fruits, veggies, lean meats, whole grains, low fat peanut butter, granola bars, and 0 calorie sports drinks in the house. It makes it easier for me, and my children are actually loving it!!! It will give them such an easier time as adults, already having these healthy habits. :) Good luck to you!!!
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I use my Elliptical on Resistance 6 for 40 min and I burn around 800 Calories. I started off slow at first though and worked my weigh up to 6. You can do it... take it one day at a time!!