How are you doing this????????????

Options
Hi everyone I'm not new to myfitnesspal I have been member once before have lost 22 lb and been maintaining ish for just under the year, but still have to loose lots more about same 22 -26 lb to hit my goal.
I was doing insanity to loose that 22 lbs and while maintaining time to time was doing it aswell for a few weeks. I know how to eat healthy I know how to exercise but seems like I can't stuck to it longer then a few weeks then I get back to chocolates ice cream and other bad things :( I feel so frustrated about myself. Maybe any of you could give my some advice how to stick to eating and exercising without dialling every few weeks . The problem is I don't see any progress even 1 lb then I'm giving up but how to brake this plateau maybe I was doing same exercise for too long so my body knows it and don't wanna take it as a workout or something like that I don't know what to do I'm so desperate to loos 10 lb to new year but how the heck I can do it :((((( HELP pleas...........
I can't attend gym as I'm sty at home mummy of two little once the don't go to nursery yet so I don't have where to leave them no family around either :((((((

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's actually fairly simple.. your goals are probably too aggressive and you cut out food that you love to eat which both lead you to binge.

Set your goal to be 1 lb per week, set a macro's to around 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats. And eat whatever food you want to fit into that. Look at my diary if you want. It's not about starving yourself or cutting foods, it's about enjoying what you eat and having a good exercise routine.

Also, when you exercise, you can eat more calories. Programs like insanity will allow you to eat 1800+ calories. If you want, figure out your workout routine and pose your height, weight age and workout routine and we can do the TDEE-20% method.
  • Hopesfaith
    Options
    I have my got set something like that I calculated my tdee it's about 1728 and mac somewhere very close to what you say. I don't really cut out my foods I found recipes that are healthy and tasty so I don't struggle whit that too much the biggest problem is my partner he works offshore I get to eat healthy when he's away but once he's home he loves to cook so I'm out of the kitchen he wants me to eat what he cooks so I don't get much support from him :( as he wants to gain muscle so he eats like I beast to have energy in the gym. I want to do heavy weight training but it's no way I can do it at home or I'm wrong? I know well the more muscle I have the more I burn but first I have to cut my fat and gain that muscle. Any advice on ever isle routine ?
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    First - don't cut foods you love as psulemon stated. I eat Ben & Jerry's just about every day - I make it fit :bigsmile: because I LOVE it. I haven't had a need to binge or "find" anything bad (in my world nothing is bad and off limits - just moderated).

Second - lifting heavy can be done at home. It takes an investment. I viewed it this way - I could spend almost 1200 a year in a gym membership OR I could fork out 500-600 and build my own. I repurposed my unused dining room into my weight room. I had enough to begin and I will soon need to add more items. I started with New Rule of Lifting for Women. I love the program and how it makes me feel and the best part - I only do it 3x a week and NO cardio (which I hate).

The preference is up to you. If you hate cardio (I did and couldn't stick with it) then I am going to wager heavy lifting to be more your style. That body in your avatar pic - that isn't made with cardio lol

If you want to start simple look at Nerd Fitness or You are your own gym. If it was me, I would get the NROL book and read it then start with some adjustable dumbbells. I have the bowflex selecttech's (goes up to 52.5lbs each). Good luck!!!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    You've done Insanity so you're a beachbody fan - have you considered ChaLean Extreme and Shakeology combo?
  • Hopesfaith
    Options
    I have to book I read it and I know I have to do it if I want to own the body like that . I don't mined cardio too much but slice I been doing it now seems forever and it doesn't do anything for me I think I had enought of it now. It time to hit the weights :)
  • Hopesfaith
    Options
    No I haven't I don't think shakeology is the answer I think it's just a big bubble to make more money I just drink protein shake
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    No I haven't I don't think shakeology is the answer I think it's just a big bubble to make more money I just drink protein shake

I wish there was a 'like' button for this
  • greenhudler
    Options

Me too (^_^)
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options

Me too (^_^)

DIDDO!!! But hey, whatever works for others i guess.

def don't give up the food you love ... that makes me go CRAZY have a cheat day and just keep at it ... the scale will catch up no matter what.

50540473.png
  • psuLemon
    Options

you are correct, shakeology is far from the answer. It won't provide you any better results. I do agree Chalean Extreme is a good program, but so is P90X(2) and body beast. Ideally, you would want to have a combination of cardio and resistance training as well as adequate protein to improve muscle retention.

Also, with the TDEE calculator, which one did you use and how did you input things? 1700 for a TDEE does not include exercise, which it should.

If you really want, you can post all your stats and your workout program and I can look at it.. or even PM me.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Hope,

Is that you in your profile picture?
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    It can be hard not to concentrate on weight but try to get it out of your head that the only way to base your success is on the scale. It is far from the best way to look at your success. What do you look like in the mirror? How do you feel? Those are huge successes and the real way to see progress.

If you haven't, take pictures. It's amazing the results you'll see. If you want a better you, quick is not the way to go. Slow and steady will win your race. It's been a year for me and I am far from where I thought and wanted to be but after seeing my comparison pic <
    I've accomplished a lot. I may be down at the moment, but I'm far from being out.

Keep going and stop worrying about the scale.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    for starters, stop demonizing food and categorizing foods as "good" and "bad" and trying to avoid all the "bad" foodz. Get your nutrition on and eat a balanced diet rich in nutrient dense foods...then have some ice cream for desert all the while remaining within our calorie allotment.

It's really simple when you're not practicing deprivation dieting.

Also, the scale isn't the be all end all...it only tells a very small part of the story.
  • Hopesfaith
    Options
    I we'll know that scale isn't the answer but it is great motivation if you see something happening .
    <---- it's not me that the way I wanna look.

I'm 25
    66 kg about 145 lbs
  • Hopesfaith
    Options
    And workout as I can't get hold of gym I will do p90x as I already have it
  • psuLemon
    Options
    If you do p90x, then I would suggest eating 1800 calories, 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats. And don't feel you need to eliminate a food group unless it's a trigger food. Also, a food scale should be purchased to increase accuracy.
  • BlindHog25
    BlindHog25 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    are you keeping a food log? That is how I found MFP and I do it religiously, regardless of what it is. You can count the number of snack sized kit kats I gorged on during Halloween..... By doing this helps me at least be more conscious of value of what I am doing. I think about weight loss like a reverse money savings plan and the food diary really helps keep me on track and has opened my eyes to how much I'm actually eating. I would also look into home workout plans - tons on the interweb that you can do at home with a few simple items. heck I will curl my three year old for a couple of sets and she loves it!
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Since u are at home Biggest Loser DVD are great
  • misskaela206
    Options
    I use fitnessglo(dot)com for in home workout videos, they have a plethora, and cater to all different levels and it's only $12/mo
  • Hopesfaith
    Options
    I do have scale aswell . I find it difecoult to eat plenty of veg and meat my goal if I eat well balanced meals I only get to 1200 1600 max should I add more fats to meal to make it more calories mostly I eat veg and chicken Brest cooked in many different ways fish eggs I cut my fruit a lot as I use to eat the way to Mach of it so now I have one peace or so. I'm also finding myself beefing afraid to eat carbs even though it's sweet potato brown rice or some buckwheat very rear I eat pasta not big fan of it . What you eat to increase cal ?