please can some one tell me what it is and looks like the th

Options
jakspak
jakspak Posts: 260 Member
sweet potatoe just woundering if its like what we call a kumra or is it different thanks for the help just so i know what our equivalent is here when i see it in recipies

Replies

• jakspak
    Options
    sweet potatoe just woundering if its like what we call a kumra or is it different thanks for the help just so i know what our equivalent is here when i see it in recipies
  • butterfly2008
    Options
    I DONT KNOW WHAT THAT IS BUT I CAN TRY TO LOOK IT UP FOR YOU
  • diegelmansm
    Options
    You're asking what a sweet potato is? A yam?
  • butterfly2008
    Options
    YES I JUST DID SOME SEARCHING AND IT IS THE SAME THING A KUMRA AND A SWEET POTATO ARE ONE IN THE SAME :smile:
  • jakspak
    Options
    thankyou thats great i love kumra so it will be great to have some recipies i can use them in that is just for me as no one else around here likes it well the kids eat a little of it .
  • number8
    number8 Posts: 12
    Options
    Sweet potatoes are supposed to be a REALLY healthy food. I googled it and this site came up:
    http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=64

My sister's doc told her they are one of the best foods God created!!

Good for you for including them in your diet!
  • jakspak
    Options
    thankyou number8
    we have them roasted realy nice and as wedges and chips might need to utilise them more but they arnt cheap here
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Mmmm Sweet potatoes are great. In the West Indians we often confuse it for a Yam. I guess the only difference is that (for us) Yams are white on the inside and Sweet Pototaes are yellowy orange.