Family Guy Sadness:(

Options
dumb_blondes_rock
dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
I haven't seen this last Sunday's episode yet, but got the spoiler alert from the internet (thanks a lot, Bing) and was wondering what any fans think about (stop reading if you don't want the spoiler alert) the death of Brian, the dog? I am so sad, I love his and Stewie's different adventures they go on and they have a great relationship together. I guess they got a new dog that has one of the Saprano's stars doing the voice-over, but I doubt it will be as funny:( I hope they end up bringing Brian back at some point

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I despise this show with a passion.
    But one of the DJs on the radio this AM loves this show and was talking about it.

She stated that in an episode a few years ago that Stewie went into the future and saw how Brian died.
    Apparently he died by eating chocolate.
    So her theory is that this is all an elaborate rouse and he'll come back from being hit by a car since he's gonna die from chocolate.

Not a clue, don't particularly care.
    They could've killed him off since there's an issue with the voice actor.
    The Aflac duck got into an "accident" so they could get rid of the voice actor after his comments about the tsunami.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    Oh that's right! Well the voice actor is the same guy who does the voice for peter, the dad, and stewie, the baby, and a bunch of other characters in the show, so I don't think that's the issue. Thanks for the heads up though!!
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    That show should be mandatory viewing for all adults. If people can't laugh at the totally un-political correctness of the show, they need to get over themselves. People are so over sensitive and get offended too easily. This show simply makes fun of that.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I am super upset that Brian is dead, I am hoping they bring him back. Vinny is going to take some getting used to
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    That show should be mandatory viewing for all adults. If people can't laugh at the totally un-political correctness of the show, they need to get over themselves. People are so over sensitive and get offended too easily. This show simply makes fun of that.

haven't seen that episode yet...but...

QFT!!! it's humor... laugh and press on..
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I like good, "stupid" comedy as much as the next guy, but I don't watch the show because of the pedophile character. I refuse to support a show that glorifies or reduces pedophilia to slapstick humor. But that's me, to each his own I guess if it floats your boat.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen this last Sunday's episode yet, but got the spoiler alert from the internet (thanks a lot, Bing) and was wondering what any fans think about (stop reading if you don't want the spoiler alert) the death of Brian, the dog? I am so sad, I love his and Stewie's different adventures they go on and they have a great relationship together. I guess they got a new dog that has one of the Saprano's stars doing the voice-over, but I doubt it will be as funny:( I hope they end up bringing Brian back at some point

Gee Thanks Spolier McGee!!!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options

Hey, hey, hey, Mr. Muscles! I gave very clear warning that it was coming lol!
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    People use Bing?
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    One of the best family guy moments ever was when Quagmire finally snaped and told Brian exactly what he thought of him.
    And I'm thinking " yeah, Brian is a first class a**hole "
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    People use Bing?

I found out when I went to yahoo ... spoiler right on the front page. Thanks Yahoo :grumble: I watched the episode last night, I guess Vinny's ok. He's not Brian, though :sad:
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    RIP Bri Bri. :(
  • jUStPunkin
    jUStPunkin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me too! I don't like Vinny. I like Brian. Sad. Sad. Sad.
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    One of the best family guy moments ever was when Quagmire finally snaped and told Brian exactly what he thought of him.
    And I'm thinking " yeah, Brian is a first class a**hole "

My first thought when I heard about the episode was to watch that scene again. So I did and laughed just as hard this time as all the other times. I really didn't like Brian at all. I don't think it will change watching the show for me much. Other than I have one fewer character to yell at lol.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Seth Macfarlane once said that Brian is the character which is most based on his own personality.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

Hey, hey, hey, Mr. Muscles! I gave very clear warning that it was coming lol!

Not the best spoiler alert. It is better to put a bunch of blank lines, so that the text is far out of sight, and not in the very same line. :flowerforyou:

• dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    Well I know its not pc, but i think Herbert the pervert is hilarious. My fav character is the greased up deaf guy or Bruce, the guy who says "oh nooo" or just that voice in general. It was the same voice used for the alien "I'm gonna eat you with my big mouth, then im gonna eat you with my little mouth"
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    The episode almost made me cry. Vinny is fine but he certainly wasn't as funny as Brian. Hopefully Stewie will put his time machine back together and save Brian's life.
  • greenhudler
    Options
    A coworker yesterday mentioned it so I watched it on Hulu Plus. THE SADNESS! Totally caught me off guard.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Oh that's right! Well the voice actor is the same guy who does the voice for peter, the dad, and stewie, the baby, and a bunch of other characters in the show, so I don't think that's the issue. Thanks for the heads up though!!
    Seth McFarlane (MacFarlane?) does those voices, doesn't he? Tough to have issues with the voice guy when you're the voice guy. lol

Seems like they want to be edgy or something. Meh. If it doesn't work out, they'll bring him back. Kenny dies in every South Park episode.