Help!

peggyalex
peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I have lost 39 pounds have have hit a wall! for the last two weeks I have been stuck on the same number! It is maddening! Anyone have any tips on how to get past this? PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Some have said to eat all of your calories plus all of your exercise calories. This has worked for a few of my friends on here. Best of luck
  • Debhow
    Debhow Posts: 17 Member
    When this happens on The Biggest Loser, they tell them to up their exercise. Have you tried that?
  • I was told once that a few days of heavy protein low carb kicks up metabolism and gives you a jump start but I've been on longer plateaus where the dang thing wouldn't budge but I still noted a change in inches. Also - are you retaining water? Try fresh lemon in your water if you don't already - it is a natural diuretic and I might add helps with the regularity thing that can make it hard...... no pun intended.
  • tiptoe6
    tiptoe6 Posts: 68 Member
    There were two weeks where I didn't see the scale move, and it was truly frustrating. I just kept doing what I was doing, and it just started coming off again the week after. I guess it was a temporary plateau. I did not really increase my exercise (maybe just ran at a faster pace), and during that weight loss week, I was even a little lax with the food. Good luck, and hang in there! I know we're all different :)
  • sifu33
    sifu33 Posts: 34
    stay focussed I had that few weeks ago, the inches were dropping but not the weight, just keep believing and doing the right things it does happen, remember the body is a complex machine, it can never be as simple as in and out, its more delicate than that, let the body do its work and it will show.

good luck
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    I know that I hit a major wall during my TOM this month, when usually it isn't a problem for me. I think the biggest thing to remember is not to quit. It could get so frustrating that you just want to say screw it. I know that happens to me. You obviously know what has been working for you in the past, so make a few small adjustments and see what happens. I'm sure your body is just catching up with itself.
  • Unfortunately, our bodies are programmed by evolution to use the energy they get from food as efficiently as possible and to store away as much as possible for a "rainy day" that never comes since we're not hunting and gathering anymore. This calorie limiting thing is generally effective only to a point; after that, it becomes, in my opinion, something more to do with what *kinds* of calories we consume. For example, a person could, theoretically, stay under their calorie goal for the day, but still be eating a bunch of unhealthy food like full-fat cheeses and cholesterol-rich meats, refined sugars and other simple carbohydrates, etc, which will not necessarily meet the body's nutritional needs, but will definitely be easy for the body to put away, but not to burn unless your exercise regimen is horribly draconian and cruel. All this is to say: have you tried making a lot of veggies (especially dark leafy greens) and fruits (especially dark red and purple ones) a more significant part of your daily intake? (Note: I'm not a doc, and I'm not trying to 'practice without a license,' but I've never let that stop me from puttin' in my two cents!)

I hope the scale starts showin' you better numbers soon! I'm behind you, and from the looks of it, so are MANY others! You can do it! You lost 39 lbs already--you've got the drive! :D
This discussion has been closed.