"Mastering Your Metabolism"

Options
Has anyone read this book by Jillian Michaels? I just started it an it's an amazing eye opener! I've been doing the 30 Day Shred for almost a week and found some neat recipes on her website. Yesterday I bought the book and cookbook and am just shocked at some of what I'm learning about my own body and how it works!

Just wondering if anyone else is reading, or has read, this and what you think!

Replies

• byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I read it. Yeah, it is eye-opening. It is amazing how everything little thing seems to affect how we lose weight.
  • jlizgar
    jlizgar Posts: 104
    Options
    Ive read it and have definately learned a lot from it! Folks may knock Jillian on several fronts, but her books are one thing I love!
    Recently I purchased the master your metabolism calorie counter book, its small enough to keep in my purse and it helps me to keep track of calories while on the go since I dont have an iphone.
  • lsand
    lsand Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've read the book. It is an eye-opener and it can also be overwelming. Some of the changes she suggests can be done easily but others seem like way to much effort! I would definitely recommend reading it.
  • kristenMcP
    kristenMcP Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I read it. I love it...it sits next to my Bible. Even though you kind of know that all of the food thats scientifically generated in a lab can't be good for you, she scares the crap out of you. (in a good way)

The one thing I think about everyday is "If it didn't come from the ground, or it doesn't have a mother, don't eat it."

Also, the fact that when you eat food that isn't natural your body doesn't know what to do with it. THe concept that oreos and pop speak a different language that your body was well put in her book.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I too have read it....and learned lots. I have been trying to 'clean up' what I eat for almost a year, and I know many that would agree with me on how amazing you feel when you eat less and less crap! I kinda have the theory, if it's eventually gonna rot, that's what I want to eat! kinda sounds gross, but why eat food your body does not recognize, something that will last forever on a shelf? Yuck. Ick. No thank you.
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have and USE her 30 Day Shred, she kicks my butt everytime I do it!! Haven't read her books, thinking maybe now I should....then again, sounds like it might be a little scary or overwhelming to read them! Either way...something to think about. I do like what KristenMcP said: "If it didn't come from the ground, or it doesn't have a mother, don't eat it."

That is an awesome & easy way to think about it & remember it!! Thanks!