Starting again -

Options
I had been doing the excercising and watching what I ate. Didn't see much change, and got distracted and discouraged. Wanted to re-start again, but stuff that kept coming up. The calendar is now clear, YMCA is waiting for my return which will start again today. Thought a few new friends to help with encourangment wouldn't hurt! So here is to starting again! Anyone else in the same boat - lets cheer on ear other!

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP! Make it a habit. Good luck!
  • memphis7979
    memphis7979 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It is so easy to get discouraged. 73 pounds lost - holy crap! That is so awesome!!
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Here's to starting again! *Cheers* !!!
    I have been in the "starting again" boat for many many years now. Since joining MFP my outlook has changed dramatically! I feel differently about EVERYTHING, and I can actually SEE the light at the end of the tunnel....never felt that before. Welcome back! I hope you'll have a similar outlook, it us pure motivation. Not to mention the AMAZING people here that are a huge support system, which makes all the difference. Good luck on your new "starting again" journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • ebh1024
    ebh1024 Posts: 186
    Options
    Welcomee back! I'm in the same boat with you. I was doing really well with MFP up until summer months. I have three kids and well, during summer things just got hectic. My kids are now back in school (2 now 1 after labor day) so I am back to getting on track. I need encouragment too..so lets work on this together!

Good luck!!!
  • memphis7979
    Options
    Sounds great. I think that is what was missing before...
  • Allie_Dreams
    Options
    Don't feel alone. I joined in 2008 (I think). Well, I got discouraged and left. Only to gain and lose on a viscious cycle. So here I am again. I am in week two of my restart. You can do it this time. Find you as many friends on here that have similar goals as you, and some that have accomplished a great deal already. That is what i did and this is working wonderfully for me this time. I am actually getting addicted to this site more than Facebook now!
  • terryann0329
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Restarting my life again on the right track hopefully...got to get that get up and go attitude back. Excuses can't work anymore...I eat all the healthy foods in the right times and amounts my problem is the late night stroll to the fridge. Half asleep and not even hungry it's a habit I've had that started with my daughter's feeding times 12 years ago...I'd feed her in the middle of the night and grab something to keep me going. Only problem is feeding stopped 12 years ago but at least every other night I'll get up waltz in the kitchen and grab a cookie or two with milk....need bells and whistles I think.....horrible excuse but that's my problem along with bad self confidence....killing it before it starts! :explode:

720168.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • memphis7979
    Options
    I figure restarting is better than giving up. Good luck to you!! We can do this!
  • Allie_Dreams
    Options
    Good Luck to all the restarters! We will do it this time!
  • bevkaysmith
    bevkaysmith Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We all need to restart sometimes....May God help you in your weight loss journey...