trying AGAIN

Options
I am 52, and have had weight struggles all my life.
The past 5 years have been a losing battle, but this site (I joined yesterday)....seems like the motivation I need. I would love to add some friends, to give and gain support through this journey.
I have just OUTGROWN most regular size XL's and have moved to the PLUS departments....(Not a happy camper), so my first goal will be to fit back into my XL regular clothes. The lady at Penningtons asked if I wanted their membership card, and I refused...saying I wasn't planning to need their sizing long.....ugggggh.
The plan went well yesterday, and I find the food list is REALLY extensive, making it easy to pinpoint exact cereals, even ready made meals....What a great site.
Hope to get to know a few of you soon.
Lianne

Replies

• memphis7979
    memphis7979 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just posted, starting again myself a few minutes ago. Could use a buddy to go thru this with. I think that is what I am missing. Can I add you as a friend. I am 44, and at LEAST 30 pounds overweight. Would love to loose 35-40. But that just seems so out of reach. Go to tell myself 10 pounds is my goal. Baby steps...

I am with you though congrats on wanting to make the effort!!!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Lianne! Enjoy your smaller goals like fitting into the smaller sizes. That's what really helps on your journey to your large goal. Good luck to you!
  • Mamasota
    Mamasota Posts: 144
    Options
    I found this site about a week ago and I find it very motivating. I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit and I am looking forward to getting back in to them. One of my motivating factors was my XLs getting a little tight. I REFUSE to go to plus sizes so here I am. We have taken the first step. If you want to proceed together, please add me as a friend.
  • labrat26
    labrat26 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks, but the day to day support is really important as well. thanks for the encouragement
  • tbrewer29
    Options
    Welcome! The support you receive from this site does really help!

You can do it!
  • totaltexan
    totaltexan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Lianne. I am also 52 and trying to get back into my clothes. I refuse to buy a bigger size AGAIN! This is a great site. I actually joined a few months ago and then got lazy but now I am back. I would love to add you as my friend and we can encourage each other. :)
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I started this site in July 2010 and am struggling to see the scale
    go down. I am 61 and would gladly be your friend for motivation.