Young moms!

Options
Any young moms out there looking for a support buddy? I am 22 years old and have a 2 year old daughter. I go to school full time, and I am on my way to a degree in naturopathic medicine. I have struggled with my weight since I can remember (let's be honest "struggled with my weight" is just another way of saying "loathed myself"). Weight loss for me, at this point, is like....becoming myself. I have always felt held back by my body. This journey is more than losing weight, it's really about learning how to take care of myself in a way that I can respect, and that my daughter will come to respect too. I don't ever want her to see the image I have of myself in my head. It has to change. She is getting smarter by the day.

I was doing really well, feeling awesome about myself for a few months earlier this year. I lost 20lbs in about 2 months.Then I hurt my back (or aggravated a condition brought on by pregnancy). Since then it's been almost 2 months and I have gained 7 pounds back. I am not too worried about the pounds, but my overall confidence and willpower is entirely shot. The weekend before I hurt my back, I ran my first 5k! I was running 3-5x a week! I think I have gone running...twice since then.

So, I am looking for someone to talk to. Someone who will understand. Stay at home moms, single moms, busy moms, young moms, old moms, stay at home dads. We could all use a little support, and I am in need of some serious support right now.
Thankyou!

-Anita

Replies

• KimberErin
    KimberErin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just had my son almost 3 months ago and am trying to lose weight as well. I just barely started 30 day shred today and boy, did Jillian kick my butt.. Good luck with your goals
  • ra1williamson
    ra1williamson Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 23 and have a 4 month old and 20 month old, both boys. I am trying to lose at least another 30 pounds. Have lost about 45 pounds in the last 4 months. You can add me!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    What constitutes "young"? I'm 28, but just had my first 7 months ago. Add me if you like. I'm always on here; I think my streak is close to 175 days. Good luck!
  • jessicacaldwell91
    Options
    Hello ladies, my name is jessica. Im a stay at home mom of a 4 month old baby girl. I'm currently trying to transition to working mom. So fitting in a workout and food journal is proving to be tough. How do you juggle workouts, calorie counting, diapers, and work or school?

Best wishes- Jessica