That's it... I'm in love with MFP

fanullona
fanullona Posts: 82 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
I went to dinner last night at a pub style restaurant (i.e. burgers, fries and any kind of beer imaginable). Normally, I'd order a burger or an oversized sandwich and before the plate was set in front of me I'd prep myself for the inevitable temptations: don't eat the fries, you don't need them. But when the pile of delicious waffle fries came out next to my meal my internal mantra would turn to: don't eat too many fries... just don't eat ALL the fries...well, there weren't too many fries so it's not THAT bad that I ate all of them. Fail.

Last night, however, MFP saved me! Since I had been logging in my food diary all day I knew how many calories I had left to spare for dinner. This actually made my decision much easier when looking at the menu. I ordered the bare burger - no fries, no bun, no messin' around. The MFP food diary has made me much more conscious of what I eat and those foods' nutritional value (or nutritional consequence).

So, that's about it. I just felt like shouting from the rooftops about my love for MFP. Hope you're experiencing similar appreciation for the site, too!

Replies

• Thats amazing!!! Great job!!!!!
    I for sure have experienced the same thing...and will for sure join you on the rooftop to yell WE LOVE MFP!!

Keep up the good work, and good luck on your goals :)

Diana
  • I have found my self even more continuous about what I eat even when I step in to the kitchen!! I am loving it as well and The iPod App makes me able to log everything and not have to worry about being at the computer!! I hope I loose some weight soon!! I have no doubt it will work!!! I know with me watching what I eat it will help a lot!!!
  • Me too! It's great being able to check out a place before you go there. It makes you less tempted when you notice how many calories you were eating before. My favorite dish at Chilis is over 1000 cal. Yikes.
  • I feel the same way. I find my self going for the healthier options or planning out my day if I know I'm going out to eat. What I find the greatest benefit is if I give in to temptation I can look up how long I need to work out to make up for it and it makes getting my but going easier. Then I can tell my self I only need an extra hour of swimming, or what ever the case may be.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    It doesn't take long, does it? LOL
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    YAY for YOU! So glad you're doing so well! MFP is a great site with fantastic tools, but all the tools in the world won't help if you don't use them. Great job!
    don't eat the fries, you don't need them. But when the pile of delicious waffle fries came out next to my meal my internal mantra would turn to: don't eat too many fries... just don't eat ALL the fries...well, there weren't too many fries so it's not THAT bad that I ate all of them. Fail.

P.S. This cracked me up so bad. I've had this exact exchange with myself so many times!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    I come on here and plan all my meals, even fast food before I eat them. I used to get the most fattening/carb filled/. sugary foods EVER. I honestly was fooling mysel;f wondering how in the heck I could have gained this much weight when I "didn't eat that bad" before. Sure, my meals weren't TERRIBLE, but what was is that I had tripled the amount of a normal serving size...thank you MFP.
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    I too love this site.... I love that it has a message board where you can express yourself and get support and motivation. I also love the Food diary and that you can add your food to it as well if they don't have it. I too plan my meals in the morning before I eat anything.
  • I totally share your love of MFP. I fell instantly head over heels in love with MFP when I joined last April and we are still going strong!! :wink:

Great story, thanks for sharing!! (and like Clew, your internal exchange regarding the fries also cracked me up!):laugh:
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    I will think of all you guys next time I'm tempted by fries. :)
  • LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    im only here a few days but am finding the same.... its so easy to plan your meals and realise what you were doing wrong before. There is a grerat motivation for excercise and it can allow you an extra treat and its great to see a little extra left if you dont use them!!

Its a fantastic site!!
  • I love it too! I am with you!
This discussion has been closed.