Lacking Motivation !!!!

Options
These last 2 days I just can't make myself do my exercises. I have started MFP about 3 weeks ago, and I'm worried I am going to start to slideeeee...........

Replies

• Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You CAN make yourself do exercise.

You are CHOOSING not to.

"I don't feel like it." is a choice.

You're either serious about reaching your goals or you're not. Motivation is irrelevant.

What I am saying sounds harsh, but I don't mean anything bad by it. These are facts. You don't need motivation, you need discipline. Get up and go! Take that lovely animal in your profile picture for a long walk. Throw some running in there.
  • alhumphreys
    alhumphreys Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    LOL !!! You do sound harsh - BUT - I need to hear that !! LOL and unfortunately that is not my big animal. I am a dog groomer so it is a clients dog, but I do have 2 much smaller ones that love to walk !!!!!!

Thank you ... I need someone to kick my butt when I start thinking like this !!!!!!!!
  • Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    LOL !!! You do sound harsh - BUT - I need to hear that !! LOL and unfortunately that is not my big animal. I am a dog groomer so it is a clients dog, but I do have 2 much smaller ones that love to walk !!!!!!

Thank you ... I need someone to kick my butt when I start thinking like this !!!!!!!!

I'm glad you can take it in stride, because I really meant no offense. Sometimes we just have to be reminded that we are the ones in control. I know I respond well to "tough love" so I try to give it.

Self control, discipline, and determination are the keys-- motivation is a bonus.
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Push through it!! You can do it.. And if you need someone to kick your butt into it I can release my inner Dominatrix LMAO.. Feel free to add me :) I'm a daily logger. Let's do this!! lol
  • Brunette122
    Brunette122 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    everytime that I dread going on the elliptical, I take my dog for a walk around the block. it gets my heart pumping and gives me enough energy to keep going. as soon as I come in from that walk im ready to work out. you can do it!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Self control, discipline, and determination are the keys-- motivation is a bonus.

Very well put!!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    When you are ready to lose the weight - you will.

This is fact. A fact I once thought was stupid. However, in the last 19 months it has become my truth. I was finally ready to put in the work, every day. That's what it takes. So, are you really ready?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    You sometimes just need to be very firm with yourself. It's so easy to say "not today" but when "today" becomes tomorrow and the day after that....

It still happens to me. Yesterday I knew I needed to go on a 4 mile run after work (part of a training plan for a race in January). I got home from work and really didn't feel like it. I puttered around on the computer for a few minutes looking at my training schedule (no, no wiggle room) and my schedule for the rest of the week (if I don't do it today I'll throw off the rest of the week, too) and found myself in my bedroom, changing my clothes and hitting the street. Sometimes a plan, where the workouts get harder and skipping one means pushing everything else back, is a good way to stay on track.
  • DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I use this site as my motivation. I wanna be one of those people with the confidence to put a before and after picture of themselves on here. Also i find that trying to log your food and exercise everyday helps a lot. Becoming fitter gets easier the further you are through it in my opinion...starting is the hardest part because you have to force yourself into changing the way that you eat and the amount of exercise you do. Just keep going, why stop now? :)
  • alhumphreys
    alhumphreys Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You guys are great !! After I read the first post I got my butt moving !!! I have already lost 10lbs and it feels great !! I have made healthy eating a part of my lifestyle - which also feels incredible !!! I am on here at least 10x day and you guys are great motivation!!! Thanks so much !!! And your right ..... why stop now !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    You guys are great !! After I read the first post I got my butt moving !!! I have already lost 10lbs and it feels great !! I have made healthy eating a part of my lifestyle - which also feels incredible !!! I am on here at least 10x day and you guys are great motivation!!! Thanks so much !!! And your right ..... why stop now !!!!!!!!!!!!

No problem, I'm always happy to help :)