One year progress

Options
Started from 205 a couple years ago.

Before, all I did was run... run run run for 2, 3 hours straight. I lost weight, but nothing past 162. As soon as I stopped marathon training, I gained a lot of weight back. I then incorporated weights in my training. First it was a day or 2 a week, then four, then slowly added steady state cardio and mixed it up. I realized that to break past my plateau, I had to create a variety and keep my body guessing.

Now, I work full time, in graduate school full time, and fitness has truly been integrated in my life. I lift weights 5 days a week and do cardio 4-5 times a week, with one long cardio session. I change my cardio up from 5 mile runs, zumba, to walking at 3.0 at an incline (hands free) or the stair master. I amaze myself because I really thought 162 was it, that I wasn't going to move the scale anymore. An awesome trainer/coach helped me past it and now I keep working on my new goal. Healthy, different and back with a bang for 2014...

Finally broke past 160!!!! I have not been under 160 since... I was growing up.. So excited! A couple years ago my "something crazy" was to run a half marathon.. Next year, my crazy thing will be to compete in a bodybuilding competition! We shall see if I make it! *cross fingers*
null_zps0d4afa20.png

Replies

• lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    You've done really well, Nurse Lexi!
    My heartiest congratulations for breaking 160!

Best wishes!
  • mlelie
    mlelie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats Lexi, you look absolutely amazing!! How tall are you? I can't believe you are ~159lbs, because you look so slim. I know that muscle weighs more than fat, but your body is super toned and it makes you look much smaller! =)
  • bellaamor30
    bellaamor30 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congrats looking good!
  • __flexylexi
    __flexylexi Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Congrats Lexi, you look absolutely amazing!! How tall are you? I can't believe you are ~159lbs, because you look so slim. I know that muscle weighs more than fat, but your body is super toned and it makes you look much smaller! =)

Thank you so much!!! I am 5'8. Last month I was at 18% BF and 164 lbs, so I am not sure what my BF percent is now. I get pinched and will do the BF analyzer next week, on the first of december. :)
  • kathyrazz
    kathyrazz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Damn. Your 159 does *not* look like MY 159! :-) You look awesome! Great job!!!
  • __flexylexi
    Options
    Damn. Your 159 does *not* look like MY 159! :-) You look awesome! Great job!!!

LOL that made me laugh! People always think I am in the 120s, but I think the normal weight for my height is 130-167 ish.. I am not sure. I try to go by BF% as it is a bit more accurate than the scale when it comes to measuring progress :)
  • pusheen12
    pusheen12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You look perfect, I wouldn't worry about numbers anymore and just keep doing whatever you are doing. If you gain or your clothes get tight than go back to it. You look very healthy and fit, who cares about the scale when that is the case.
  • doctorandrew
    Options
    Looking very lean @ 160 lbs. Congrats!
  • akbasak26
    Options
    Thank you for posting, SO inspiring, cant wait to lift weights tonight :)
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant progress.

You should be proud of yourself.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Go you!! Your hard work is definitely paying off!
  • loveanddestroyx
    loveanddestroyx Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Amazing job :)!
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look awesome!
  • __flexylexi
    Options
    Thank you for posting, SO inspiring, cant wait to lift weights tonight :)

You go!!! I think I would have reached my goals faster if I started earlier, but it was a challenge to get one mile under 15 minutes at first. We all have each other to lean on to for support, good luck with your goals my dear!!!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look great too!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - GREAT!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!