Midlife Crisis

Options
stellcorb
stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
Just wondering, has anyone been through a.) a midlife crisis themselves or b.) with a spouse? How did it turn out, and what did you do to get through it?

Replies

• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    i''l reply in a minute--- just buying a Porsche first.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Lol.. You're such a bad birdie :P
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    my 21 year old secretary says no.... :smokin:
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Yep, and I survived! My personality was turned inside out, but I found myself again.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    my 21 year old secretary says no.... :smokin:

I like these responses!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, has anyone been through a.) a midlife crisis themselves or b.) with a spouse? How did it turn out, and what did you do to get through it?

Still muddling through my own with my wife. It was very touch and go a year and a half ago, but I faced down some big demons, cut some fat, and took it as an opportunity to turn myself into that person I somehow never took the time to be.

No sports car.
    No 18 year old mistress.
    Almost did leave my wife, but that is a long story.
    Almost quit my job, but made some more positive moves to be where I am today.

That said, I have a few friends who did buy the car, bang the 18 year olds, leave their wives, abandon their kids, etc. Many are dealling with it now, or dealing with those regrets from when it happened.

Each person will deal with it differently. I consider myself blessed with how I've built myself recently to the person I am now.

Healthy, Faith, Love, Understanding.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the honesty on this! It's good to know that it can be weathered without divorce as an inevitable end. I guess I can learn to let things go.... what doesn't kill you makes you stronger... right?