Recommend a good ice cream?

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Thank you Sara!! I think I've found my new homepage...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Holy crap. At $12 a pint, it better make Talenti taste like the frosty goo that's been growing in the back corner of my freezer.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake.

7584267_3079.jpg

:love: Wow. I have to try this.

Not chocolate, but the best ice cream I've had lately was an apple pie ice cream. It was amazing. I ended up hiding it in the freezer behind a bunch of stuff so the kids wouldn't know it was there.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Being from Texas and all, I would have to say any flavor Blue Bell ice cream!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options

Holy crap. At $12 a pint, it better make Talenti taste like the frosty goo that's been growing in the back corner of my freezer.

Holy moly
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Turkey Hill's Pumpkin Pie! No chocolate, but you'd be amazed at how good it still is x.x
    If you can find it, I was also HIGHLY impressed with Turkey Hill's baklava Greek frozen yogurt!
    I've been dying to try Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream, the Sweet Potato with Torched Marshmallows flavor, but they're not sold by me</3
    My last recommendation is So Delicious' Coconut Milk ice cream. I was scared to try the stuff seeing I hate coconut milk normally, but I was astonished by how delicious it really was :)
    A website I love to use when searching for a good flavor is theicecreaminformant.com :)
    Hope I helped!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Ooooooh yeah! I've only had the goat cheese with red cherries. It was different. Creamy and mmmmmm.

ETA I was on the hunt for the sweet potato and marshmallow last year and was unsuccessful. I'm still looking!
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I like the Greek yogurt...there's lemon flavour as well as coconut flavour that is really really delicious... I tried the caramel and it wasn't so good (and I love caramel). I know it's not ice cream but I prefer yogurt...they have so many flavours now! And there's lots of protein!
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    If I’m going to eat ice cream I’m going to eat the good stuff. High quality, premium deliciousness. If you’re paying less than 5 bucks a half gallon you’re paying for air, lots and lots of air (yes, these cheap ice creams whip in as much air as they can to stretch the ice cream further). I recommend Graeter’s and Jeni’s. My Ohio is showing through… but my goodness does Ohio turn out some awesome ice creams.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options

Amen.

ETA: Best flavors: Buckeye State, Vanilla Bean, Toasted Coconut, Sweet Potatoes and Toasted Marshmallows (tastes like sweet potato casserole and they hand toast the mallows), Whiskey Egg Nog, Cinderella Pumpkin.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    talenti gelato ...raspberry chocolate chip, Belgium chocolate, coffee chocolate chip etc, etc
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    OMG Ice Cream :heart:

Haagen Dazs Blueberry Crumble (and yes the crumble stuff stays crunchy)

Ben and Jerry Everything but the(Kitchen Sink)

Hudsonville Grand Traverse Bay Cherry Fudge

But all the brands make just delicious ice cream in so many kick *kitten* flavors.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    111uq8y.jpg

Edy's was buy one get one aaand the Häagen datz was an impulse for awesome! I'll try the Talenti once I clear through this awesomeness ♥
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Nice choice with the peppermint bark! Ben & Jerry's was on sale for $2.99 at Safeway, but I don't know when that ends.
  • andrewjuu
    andrewjuu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm going to put in a vote for Talenti gelato.....I like it better than ice cream because it's smoother, creamier & softer. I like virtually all the Talenti flavors but my personal favorite is Sea Salt Caramel.
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    My favourite is Haagen dazs pralines and cream! aahhh man i want some now :ohwell:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I'm going to put in a vote for Talenti gelato.....I like it better than ice cream because it's smoother, creamier & softer. I like virtually all the Talenti flavors but my personal favorite is Sea Salt Caramel.

This ruined sea salt caramel anything for me by anyone else. Nothing compares.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    UConn Dairy Bar...best ice cream in the country. If you're ever in CT, it is worth a stop. Only get a 1 scoop, because 1 scoop is almost a pint. :love:

Banana Chocolate Chip is my favorite.
  • andrewjuu
    andrewjuu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    lol....I was trying to be subtle so there wouldn't be a run on it at the grocery store where I shop :)