Be honest... am I going to look like this forever?

Options
When I was obese, I carried my weight pretty disproportionately. I would say about 90% of my fat was distributed between my hips, thighs and arms - with a relatively small amount in my stomach and other areas. My arms and lower body are now a saggy mess. I do weightlifting and all that and have a good amount of muscular strength. I feel so abnormal because I can literally see my rib cage sticking out, yet I have several inches left to spare on my inner thighs with no changes in months. I'm starting to think this is just something I will have to accept. What do you guys think? Give it to me straight. Btw I am 5'5, 156 lbs. - with a goal of 140 lbs. Somehow I just don't think 16 more lbs. will rid me of it.

mrgs.jpg

lwun.jpg

Replies

• squishybarb
    squishybarb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    When I was obese, I carried my weight pretty disproportionately. I would say about 90% of my fat was distributed between my hips, thighs and arms - with a relatively small amount in my stomach and other areas. My arms and lower body are now a saggy mess. I do weightlifting and all that and have a good amount of muscular strength. I feel so abnormal because I can literally see my rib cage sticking out, yet I have several inches left to spare on my inner thighs with no changes in months. I'm starting to think this is just something I will have to accept. What do you guys think? Give it to me straight. Btw I am 5'5, 156 lbs. - with a goal of 140 lbs. Somehow I just don't think 16 more lbs. will rid me of it.

mrgs.jpg

lwun.jpg

I feel similar sometimes. When I was heavier I was pretty proportional all around, but as I've lost weight .. my thighs and arms are still bigger than the rest of my body. I truly thought I would be smaller than I am. I started at around 175-180 and am at 135 right now. I would love to be 125 but I keep maintaining and wonder if the last 10 pounds would make that much of a difference.

But I am happy with who I am and what I look like at this weight. I feel great and I am okay that my body isn't perfect.. because no ones' is.. I think you should focus on getting to a point of happiness and satisfaction with your body image, rather than weight.

Best wishes. If you need someone to talk to, I'm around! :flowerforyou: