Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I haven't run in two weeks

I'm about to go for a run now. Please leave me messages so I don't feel like cr@p when I get back? I know my time's going to be dismal; I need some support, some hope I'm not a failure for not having run for two weeks.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Any run is a good run!
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    By the time you read this, you'll be feeling awesome!! : )
  • your time doesn't matter- as long as you've put it all out there you've done a wonderful job!
  • trimminit
    trimminit Posts: 191 Member
    You're feeling happy you did it now!!! Good job!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    You are back to running again! And right before Thanksgiving! That is awesome!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    I've hit personal bests 2x taking +/- 10 days off ....
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    I know my time's going to be dismal; I need some support, some hope I'm not a failure for not having run for two weeks.

Your time will definitely be better than if you had stayed home on the couch! Hope you enjoyed the run!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    but you're running now :) two weeks off just gives you a reason to pour a little extra into it now :)

well done for running today!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Don't worry about time...run for the pure joy of it. Two weeks off might have been the rest you needed to get back in full throttle.:flowerforyou:
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    I couldn't run for almost three weeks a couple months ago from a sciatic nerve issue so I feel your pain! Back at it now and ran my longest run ever (13.1) last weekend!!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    I bet you feel better already. (Don't wait so long next time. :wink: )

(I relate. Had my first run in 20 days yesterday--yikes! But it felt great.)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Don't shart your shorts...