Problems after eating

Options
I've been noticing lately, like in the last week or so, that every time I eat - I have to go to the bathroom. Is this a good or bad thing?

Replies

• squishybarb
    squishybarb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've been noticing lately, like in the last week or so, that every time I eat - I have to go to the bathroom. Is this a good or bad thing?

Maybe it's something you're eating or your body isn't as tolerant to it anymore. My body's that way... maybe some IBS issues going on because I've done it since I was little.. but if I eat something that my body isn't "conditioned" to or is really rich/fatty/whatever, my stomach will KILL me within 12 hours.. it's like my intestines can't digest it or something.

"They" say you can develop allergies or intolerance to anything at any point in your life..

Then again! Your metabolism could just be speeding up and when it goes in one end it needs to come out the other! I actually know a good handful of people who say that when they eat they have to use the bathroom too.. maybe their clocks are just synced better!

If you're not in pain, I think youre okay.. :smile:
  • aronao
    aronao Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's your gastrocolic reflex and your body responding to changes in diet ....
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I'm like this with coffee.
  • Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    If you have gastrointestinal issues after eating I think you should pay attention to what foods tend to cause this reaction.
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    It actually sounds pretty normal to me.