Gaining

Options
What do I eat to gain 10 more pounds of muscle? I mean what kinds of food?

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Protein! Powders, meats, eggs, nuts, cheese...Watch the cals though, as you wanna gain muscle and not fat. Keep up the workouts while you're increasing your protein. Good luck!
  • airellayi
    Options
    Thanks!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    And you should set yourself up on your goals to gain half a pound per week at the most, if you set up higher than that you will put on more fat than muscle. In order to gain muscle weight you have to be in a caloric surplus and remember it is very difficult to add muscle quickly without gaining even more fat. 10 pounds of lean muscle should take months to put on not weeks.
  • airellayi
    Options
    Thanks! So, set it up to half a pound per week?

So if I want to bulk up, how much should I weigh being 5'8 at the moment? I'm 162 right now.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would say your weight is pretty good for that height. So you can do one of 2 things first lose a few pounds of fat then try to gain a few of muscle when your body fat % is where you want it. To do this you could set up for 1/2 loss per week while working out, once your BF % is where you want it switch your diet to gain 1/2 pound and workout even harder. This cut and bulk cycle takes a long time but is pretty much the only way to put on muscle at a body fat % you want to maintain. Good luck.
  • airellayi
    Options
    Thanks! I'll do it!